Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
Today at 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Spoilers !  (Read 6915 times)
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« on: September 14, 2009, 04:57:07 PM »

The Spoilers

If you have been metal detecting for any length of time, you must have met a spoiler, you know the kind of person (man or women they are both the same), they are the type of people whose sole purpose in life is to spoil your day out. They all have the same glint in their eyes as they stride towards you with that "I am a person of the land and I have more rights in the countryside than a mere city dweller." You stand there wishing you were somewhere else, because you know exactly what is coming, as it is always the same time and time again.

The opening gambit is always "Have you got permission to be on here?" or "What do you think you are doing?" And I say "Yes I do have permission to be here, and who might you be to be asking me if I have permission anyway?" very politely of course, which usually makes them splutter and wave their stick. Of course you don't know who you're speaking to, or which type of establishment they have escaped from. They rant and rage about how people are spoiling the countryside, totally ignoring the four dogs they have with them who are busy depositing their steaming piles of solid waste all over the place, the liquid waste usually ends up all over my foot for some reason. But in the face of the storm you must keep the smile stuck on your face and stand your ground, even if it is getting more difficult to hold a conversation now that one of the dogs is clamped onto your leg and is pumping away vigorously.

The more you try to shake off the dog, the more it gets excited and its eyes bulge and tongue lolls out of its foaming mouth. Then suddenly the Spoiler realises that you are not going to be intimidated (by them or their dog) into submission and probably have more right to be there than they have, so off they march, taking their reluctant dogs with them in the hope of finding someone else to torment.

So if you are new to detecting & haven't met a spoiler yet, believe me you will - so keep smiling...

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:08:42 PM »

YOU GET THEM EVERYWHERE BUD ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,        HERE  ARE A FEW HELPFULL TIPS   THAT  I FEEL  MAY  HELP ,,,,,,,,,,,,, THE FIRST THING TO DO IS ,,,,,,, SCREAM  ,,,, IF YOU DONT   F***  OFF  IM  GOING TO KILL YOU WITH MY SPADE  THEN  DIG A BIG HOLE AND BURY  BOTH  YOU  AND  YOUR MANKY DOG IN IT ,,,,,,,,NEXT  RAISE YOUR SPADE ALOFT AND BEGIN WALKING TOWARDS THEM  GNASHING YOUR TEETH  AND MAKING  LOUD GRUNTING  NIOSES..............................  THEY TEND TO GO AWAY AND LEAVE YOU IN PEACE ,,,,,,,,  I HOPE THIS ADVICE HAS BEEN HELPFULL   Grin Grin Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 06:54:36 PM »

I had a spoiler once approach me and started lecturing me on how i am destroying the countryside and effecting the the wildlife,
Wonderful hypocrisy from a man carrying a shotgun off out to shoot birds  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »

yes mick i know what you mean me john (fox) and richy had it last sunday a do gooder walked over to me and said you know your not allowed on here i just looked at him and said whats it got to do with you after it was sorted out he had the cheek to say injoy your hobby  Undecided how can we when theres guys like that about as you know mick it takes all sorts mate  Wink

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
robson (chris)

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 04:10:39 PM »

haa ill give that a try digga when i meet one ... Grin
Malcolm.mtts

Every Day is a Lovely Day

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 12:32:27 PM »

Nothing wrong with shooters.  

The more foxes they shoot the better and the more pigeons and rabbits they shoot the better.

Bedises being food for their table it also benefits the farmers by having less crops destroyed which in turn benefits everyone.

Bring back fox hunting !!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 12:43:35 PM by Malcolm.mtts » Logged

Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 01:32:38 PM »

Sorry Malcolm , i don't agree with shooting for sport ,anyway i don't know of anyone who eats foxes, all cruelty to animals should be banned, but then we never will agree will we, but did you see the mess left by "shooters" in the field at the last Caerleon rally , i counted at least 12 dead birds (i think magpies) scattered over the field, they didn't prvide food for nobody , just mindless killing, no point debating it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 01:41:33 PM by CRAZY (mike) » Logged

Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 01:41:33 PM »

I eat foxes..but I have a queation...on the packet why is there a polar bear on top?
Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 02:01:46 PM »

Hi Mike, yes i saw the mess, they were pigeon, you can't always retrieve them before they get fly blown in this weather, better to leave them for the buzzards and other scavengers, they wont go to waste, believe me.
Pigeon are registered vermin, as such farmers and hunters have a duty to destroy them,  in most cases to protect crop, you would not believe, without seeing first hand how much damage a dozen pigeon can do to a Field of peas!
I'm not trying to start a debate, i just thought i would clear up the possibility of why those birds were left at Cearleon, and why they get shot in the first place on the whole
Thanks
Salty

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 02:14:27 PM »

Thanks Karl for clearing that up, however, the country genlemen who accused me of destroying wildlife was off duck hunting, surely they are not vermin.

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 02:37:45 PM »

Nope definitely not vermin, though i would have though they would certainly end up on a plate.

Don't get me wrong, there are some right pillocks that get enjoyment from needless destruction of life, that parade under the banner of a hunter/sporting shooter?
These people are normally found driving Range Rover sports, with top of the range equipment, thats never seen the rain and if they did managed to hit a Duck (most of them could hit a Pig in passage with a sawn off shotgun) they would have no idea what to do to it to make it edible, and that includes the cooking.

As you probably gathered i hunt, or used to, not so much lately due to a health scare, that oddly has left me with a far more "live and let live " attitude to all things living, however there are genuine reasons when unfortunately, somethings need to be destroyed for the greater good.

People used to take the Micky out of me, as on occasions i have stopped or swerved the car to avoid killing a rabbit in the road, even on one occasion while returning from a hunting trip involving the same small furry animals!, the reason was simple, that rabbit was doing no harm to any crops, in fact the nearest farm was some distance away, so this bunny would have lived in Bosch, and i was happy for him to continue.

come to think of it, i think i may be turning Buddist in my old age, I know the wife keeps saying i have his figure Grin

Take care mate
Salty Wink

Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 03:35:38 PM »

If they want to eat duck , why don't they buy one fom the shops like the rest of us, sell the shotgun (how much £2000 upwards and beyond £100s of thousands) then they could buy loads of ducks to eat,, anyway they normally have more than enough money to buy their food ....lol

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 03:54:27 PM »

Trust me on this one Mike, the Duck in the air with the divey and the shotgun,had far, far better odds of still Quacking today than the one in Tesco's Wink Cheesy
Perhaps hes better sticking with his shotgun and the Duck population having better odds Roll Eyes Grin

Cheers
Salty

Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 05:35:27 PM »

OK , I DON'T LIKE DUCK ANYWAY

Malcolm.mtts

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 07:14:17 PM »

Buy duck from a shop?          buy duck from a shop?

Have you seen the conditions ducks and other birds are kept for the shops?

TheY never see daylight, they are force fed and then slaughtered for people that think killing animals is cruel.

If you want to ban a cruel sport... ban coarse fishing

Course fishing .. huh... rip the fish mouth to pieces with a metal hook, cause it unknown suffering, keep it trapped in a net until released only to have the mindless cruel fishermen do it all again numerous times until that poor fish dies.

I have been shooting for over 40 years and I only shoot things I can eat except for the thousands of clay pigeons I have shot for fun, in competitions and shooting for Wales in the International Sporting Events. .. trouble is I have never found a receipe to cook them though.. too gritty.

As someone said earlier... go to a corn field or other field where pigeons have been feeding.. they can wipe out a 50 metre circle within minutes and then go and tell their mates who can destroy an entire field within a day.

As for foxes... the more that are shot the better... ask any farmer and better still have a chat with farmers about the crop damage birds and foxes do to their livelyhood but be prepared for answers you may not like if you are an anti-shooter or supporter of the fox hunting ban.

Tell a farmer you think fox hunting should remain banned and you will probably be banned from his farm,

Trouble is people don't know what they are talking about when it comes to shooting just as people don't know aboiut metal detecting but the do gooders who know no better will never understand and are never prepared to listen or learn..
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 07:16:55 PM by Malcolm.mtts » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal