Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CTX (Tadpole/Ghost) Finds  (Read 4789 times)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« on: January 25, 2015, 09:54:38 AM »

Hi guys and girls, its been a while since I been out mainly due to bad back  Sad, but sorted now more or less. I have downloaded Gordon Heritage's tadpole/ghost programs from MLO after doing much research about these programs, and advice from the site. I managed to load them on to the CTX, so Friday saw me trying them out on a Roman site, I have to say initially I thought what have I done as the machine was very noisy only to remember I had not noise cancelled Roll Eyes as soon as this was done the machine was stable , the one thing I had to get use to was not wanting to dig the high signals as these were iron signals in tadpole, unless they were two way signals, medium to low signals are the ones to listen to, the ghost program worked well along side tadpole, so my tally was a nice T shape brooch minus most of pin (2nd century) a few bits of lead and I had to dig a few iron signals just to get a feel for it, the bolt head in picture was very deep and I am confidant I would not dig that type of signal again as when I switched to ghost it gave a low grunt indicating iron.  I am looking forward to really getting to grips with these programs and hope for some good results...... Wink Wink

* 006.JPG (52.81 KB, 448x336 - viewed 495 times.)

* 005.JPG (64.22 KB, 448x336 - viewed 658 times.)

* 007.JPG (63.67 KB, 448x336 - viewed 674 times.)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 10:12:08 AM »

That is a beautiful brooch Paul.  Like to see it cleaned up.

Glad your back is better. Know how you feel. I went mad yesterday and cut a bush down. By the time I'd cut it down, picked it all up and carted it off down the field I could hardly move. Lesson learned. Keep taking the pills. Roll Eyes

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
troutmasterfunk

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 10:52:54 AM »

Maybe just trim the bush a little more often val?  Wink Cheesy
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 11:25:39 AM »

weldone paul

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 01:11:13 PM »

Cheesy
Maybe just trim the bush a little more often val?  Wink Cheesy
Grin Grin Grin Grin pmsl Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 01:14:17 PM »

That is a beautiful brooch Paul.  Like to see it cleaned up.

Glad your back is better. Know how you feel. I went mad yesterday and cut a bush down. By the time I'd cut it down, picked it all up and carted it off down the field I could hardly move. Lesson learned. Keep taking the pills. Roll Eyes

Val
Where would we be Val without our pills, Wink I will try and clean up brooch ok Val but I've a feeling its one of those that actually looks better as a clod shot Roll Eyes
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 01:19:04 PM »

weldone paul

Hey up how's it going Mike, where's all the BLING, just don't see much posted by peeps on here lately I guess its the state of the beaches, I'm down Aberavon or Barry next decent tide then you will see lots of GOLD and PLAT.. Grin Grin Wink Wink
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 02:23:26 PM »

Well done spikey on the programme it's very gud, I use a similar one slow and low and those in behind had some gud stuff and slso dug some deep iron keep at it.

Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 03:35:54 PM »

Nice brooch Paul Wink not long now and the old plough will be out again (spring), I got to get of my A%$ though that's the problem Cheesy
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 04:46:22 PM »

Nice brooch Paul Wink not long now and the old plough will be out again (spring), I got to get of my A%$ though that's the problem Cheesy
Ahhh the plough, alas not on this site mate he only cultivates mint/ till, Cry that's why I'm trying these different programes just to see if I can whinkle a few out as I just feel Ive gone over and over this site Huh I know you never really cover it all none of us do but you got to keep at it mate. On the other hand I got a field that's a few miles away that's been deep ploughed for a couple of months is strewn with Roman pottery, I've had a group of nine x 4 th century coins, brooches ,loads of lead a part Roman vessell and an Iron Age tankard handle, but it's low lying and can barley walk on it as its to wet so I have to wait till it dries and its rolled and seeded Shocked very frustrating Wink I supose you got a good excuse to be on your a$€ though with that lovely family of yours mate, I'm sure they will give you some time off when the fields are ready. If you can't let me know and I will whip up and give them a good going over with the Deus in one hand and the CTX in the other Grin Cheesy  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal