Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cardiff Scan Club Rally 17th May  (Read 4154 times)
The Doc
Superhero Member

« on: May 15, 2009, 09:09:43 PM »

We have a club rally at Llancadle on 17th May. Meet at 9.00 a.m. at the farm. There will be direction signs on the Barry to Llantwit road (B4265).Llancadle is the next turning right just after you've passed the cement works and the left turn to East Aberthaw. £5 per member as usual.

The farm is 270 acres of mixed pasture and seeded fields. We can go on the seeded fields, but please be sure to replant any crop dug out
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 09:13:19 PM »

Does the green dragon still do a nice meal?

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 06:31:29 PM »

I attended the SCAN Rally today somewhat later than I had originally planned due to a hangover from Hell thanks to drinking Belgian Beers and neat vodka each time the UK got "Nil Poit" last night! Thank God they did quite well or I would have been a lot worse! Grin Tongue

Anyway I never really found much and my heart wasn't totally in it. I found a Jaws Harp which is a first for me although broken, a couple of Georgian coppers, thimble, Liz 2nd sixpence and the usual sort of tat. The fresh air did me some good though and I'm back on the vodka now so I cant have been that bad! Grin

Bumped into John Sheeley whilst detecting {one of our newest members on DetectingWales.com) and he had found a nice commonwelath hammered penny. Anyone else find anything?

I also spoke to Stan (Digger), Altinkum and Borderfox (hope you remembered to give the shirt to Coleggwent). I headed home around midday wet, tired, but happy enough to have at least got out.

Oh as an aside the first plane that came down to land scared the rubbish out of me as I can barely hear anything at the best of times (I have a hearing problem) and with headphones I hear even less. I looked up as it was bearing down on me and had visions of the series LOST! Casa Dos will know what I mean!

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »

ha ha ha, its quite understandable Neil lol,  if my daughter and the kids wasn't here i may have had a few more to drink too,  only one can  with my curry,   we haven't got that high for years though,
 nice finds too, especially  the hammered and jaws harp, well done
Alan

StumbledUpon

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 06:40:53 PM »

Good write up Neil  Smiley and some nice finds, I wanted to go but it has been heavy rain nearly all day here in Swansea!  Cry
altinkum

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 07:06:45 PM »

i seen 1 more hammered found but to be honest (and i am) it will have to be a cold day in hell before i go back to that farm find wise it was rubbish. but it did stay dry most of the day and i had a good long chat with boarderfox (i could'nt get away from him as we were in a barn having a brew) only joking jonny

explorers, my arse
StumbledUpon

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 07:10:29 PM »

Thats good it stayed dry, You have'nt got the stamina for these rallies Dickie!  Grin Grin
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 07:10:40 PM »

well done john on your twohammered great write up on the rally neil. and yes i did give the teashirt to phil, how could i forget you told me 4 times Grin regard  s  john and phil

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
romano-brit

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 07:13:07 PM »

never had a commonwealth hammy before, well done to all the lucky finders

2011/2012 Finds

Roman silver: 2/0
Hammies: 7/1
Milled silver: 17/0
Gold artifacts: 1/0
Gold coins: 0/0
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 07:20:42 PM »

wow, the sea breeze must have kept the rain off.  it rained hard a lot of the day In ponty too.
 yeah,  those planes Neil, they can give you a bit of a scare if you don't notice them till the last minute  lol,   iv'e been there myself, lol
 i used to talke the kids down there too when they were young, now i take the grandsons now and then, usually have a look under the runway in too, wow they come down low, lol

altinkum

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 07:25:41 PM »

max just because you pay about £50 for a perm and dont want the rain to ruin it. us men were detecting in jesus sandels shorts and string vests today. rain wot rain

explorers, my arse
StumbledUpon

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 07:31:36 PM »

Grin
Beefy (GARETH)

WHERES DA BEEF

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 05:52:31 AM »

nice finds and intersting ? p.s how far down woz the plane lol
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 07:51:34 PM »

we was right next to the airport beefy they are very low indeed when they come in to land and what a noise Tongue Cheesy

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 11:29:34 PM »

Spoke to Ken and he told me 3 and a half hammered were found.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal