Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i'm a noob part 2  (Read 1882 times)
Humfrey

« on: January 05, 2011, 08:36:19 PM »

Hi everyone

for starters I'd like to thank you all for your responce and perhaps tell you a bit more about myself while answering some of your questions.

Firstly my name is Sean originally from Canada and have been in Wales for approx 10 years now, the last 5 years on anglesey, prior to that i was in Newquay west Wales.
   I am a joiner and actually do allot of work for the National trust so it maybe possible to get permission to go onto some of there properties in North Wales. maybe Penryn Castle as i do allot there.
  The detector i have been using is just a really cheap maplin one and technically belongs to my daughter as it was a xmas present to her. I'm looking into getting a slightly better one that won't break the bank, also a longer model because this one is a killer on the back.
   The idea came to me as i was involved in a big project in Whitchurch on a Georgian building (iscoyd park) perhaps some of you may have heard of the property, if not you can google it. Anyway while i was on the job i met a couple of gentlemen there who had come and got permission to sweep the area and i found it very intriguing after discussions with them and them showing me there finds, one of which was an old stirling silver medal which origionally came from my home town in Canada.
  Unfortunatly i will not be able to attend the rally this time around. But just out of curiosity. Are there ever any rallies in North Wales and are they something you can take your family to?

Best Regards
         Humf

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:43:03 PM »

Hi Humf , if you can get yourself onto some of that land you'll be   er "Landed"  Smiley

We do hold rallys up In Ludlow, And I know quite a few North Wales guys and Gals come down to this, Youre welcome to bring some family if you like although there is a 16 age limit on actually detecting.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
bajero

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 10:46:53 PM »

yo, welcome to the forum humf,glad to hear there is someone else from anglesey. in case u dont know we are trying to get a club started; "GREAT ORME METAL DETECTING" and u r more than welcome to come along,(let us know if u need a lift); the next one is in march,but we are hoping to do something before then.There are plenty of helpfull people on this forum to answer any questions u might have about the hobby, have'nt personally been on any rallies but i'm sure that they are family friendly ,cheers,Sion
clair
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 01:57:02 AM »

Hey,

I replied to your other post aswell.

Im from Llandudno Junction but Richard who I detect with is from Bryngwran, we also detect with my dad who's from Jct.

Mabey we could go for a buzz one day.

Which part  of Anglesey are you from? Such a lovely place!
clair
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 01:59:01 AM »

we are trying to get a club started; "GREAT ORME METAL DETECTING"

March seems so far away...
Where do you meet and how often.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal