Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Headphones ?  (Read 8655 times)
detectordave

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 04:43:19 PM »

No Kev it will not give you better battery life as ohms are not voltage and your headphones dont need battery power to work in fact ANY set of headphones will make the batteries last longer.

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
zorro
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 05:05:53 PM »

to be honest Dave i had never heard that headphones were a drain on batteries but this guy was going on about ohms and the like, and a new pair of ghosts coming on market especially for minelabs. thought id ask here. So question answered. have to say ive never had the slightest problem with my "Preds" anyway just wondering
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 06:05:12 PM »

Hi Kev
No the Preda with not take any more power than another make. On paper the lower the ohm's are then the more power it takes to power them but we are talking milli amps so totally un-measurable. Minelab say that their machines work best with low ohm's but then they go and supply 100 ohm headphones. to be honest with the exception of XP the audio circuit on most detectors is so basic that the ohmage makes little difference, sound quality to your liking is more important.
zorro
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 06:14:54 PM »

geoff so would you say there is a real difference between Predas and other makes for minelabs. or is it more a cosmetic or personal sound choice?
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 06:23:30 PM »

geoff so would you say there is a real difference between Predas and other makes for minelabs. or is it more a cosmetic or personal sound choice?

I would try and borrow a pair of Chef phones and see if you prefer the tones.

I had Predators for years and I tried Headhunters and noticed the difference in sound quality immediately....and I'm nearly deaf in my left ear !!!!  I had a pair of predators years ago so don't know if they've chnaged internally in the last 5 years.

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 06:26:51 PM »

It is 95% personal choice, the reason that Koss and my CP1's work well with Exp/Etac is because they have an extended base range likewise my new Pro version actually vibrate on the low hammered tones, BUT if your running in ferrous or any other minelab machine then take your pick. As I have said before my belief is that the important point of any headphone is the amount of noise it keeps out.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal