Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i don;t believe it ......................  (Read 1820 times)
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« on: October 26, 2011, 08:36:59 PM »

ok, yesterday i was involved in an initial archaeological and detecting survey, as part of a communtiy project. The day went well with some finds coming up [we were searching for roman/iron age evidence] and at the end of the day, i realised that i had lost my mobile phone, despite making a call to a colleague a few minutes before packing up for the day.

No end of searching could find the phone, so i went home and rang local police [to try and get an incident number for insurance purposes], who put me through to an even more local police station where i had to leave a message on their answer phone at 4.45pm.

So i thought, i know, the police station is only a few minutes away, i'll call in and get it logged with the receptionist ..... so i got into the car, drove down, parked outside on double yellow lines and realised the reception was closed ...... on closer examnation there was a handwritten note in the window saying it was now only open 1 day a week .... a wednesday .... all other queries had to be via their new contact service!!

So Ok, i'd done that ... so then rang a colourful mobile company, pressed options 1, 2 3 etc etc, phone rings twice and then get a message ... we are busy, the queue time is 2 hours, if you want to hold!  Needless to say, i didn't ... so decided to check it out online to see if i clould report a lost phone via their website ... guess what ... you can't!!!

so 1 hr later, back to the phone and pressed option 1, 2, 3 etc etc, phone rings twice and get the message -- we are busy, expect a wait of 2 hours if i want to hold .... so i thougt stuff that i'll ring back in an hr.

1 hr later, back to the phone, and pressed option 1, 2, 3 etc etc ... phone rings twice and then get a message 'i'm sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties with one of our servers, no calls can be taken at present'. .. so i thought i'll try again in a couple of hours.

So 90 minutes later, i phone, press options 1, 2, 3 etc etc .. phone rings twice and then get a messgae we are busy, u can expect a 20 minute wait if u want to hold .. so i decide to hold and eventually get through after 9 minutes.

Operator very polite and helpful, puts a bar on the sim card etc etc,  then tells me it will cost £70 for a new phone .. as i need one, i ordered it ... but delivery will be in 72 hours!!!  .by which time i was a tad psst off so i said thank you, ended the conversation and opened a bottle of red.

today, we returned to the same field for day 2 of the project, with the intention of a quick search of the area where i lost the phone .... so we parked up, got the gear on, and then i put my boots on, left foot first, a bit wet from yesterday but not to bad ... then right foot ... guess what ... one mobile phone had dropped into it!

so after a days searching today, get home and back to the colourful phone company,  press options 1,2,3 etc etc, get an imemdiate response by a very nice lady who was chatty, helpful and gave the impression that i was being chatted up ... so after a few pleasantaries, she cancelled the new phone, refunded my £70 and unlocked my old mobile .... so result, apart from the local police.

so i ring police helpline, get put through to local station, speak to answerphone ... leave a message. then i thought, i know -- i'll go to local spa and drop into police station on way up there .... so i get to police staion 3.25pm, park on the double yellow lines ... and on the day that the reception should have been open... guess what!!!  yep ... closed!

however the upside of the experience was the spa session was brilliant .. i was the only one in the jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and swimming pool .... and all for free, courtesy of an ex student who offered me a 'free try it session'

Result --a happy handyman

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »

Lol , The title makes you sound like Victor Meldrew and by the time I finished reading, all I could visualise was Victor Meldrew playing the part of you.

One Foot In The Grave, answering the phone

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 10:04:27 PM »

Same here Rob and have you noticed..........you never see them in the same room together ummmmmm? could be Grin
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 10:36:31 PM »

Shocked  Alan you should have keep the other phone lol and sell it for  more  Grin del boy i am , at the end of the day you find your mobile . welldone mate.nap
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 08:32:26 AM »

our police station is now only open on the weekends (because of drinking) even though it pays a local buiseness 600 grand a year rent ,hows that for sense ?

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal