Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion ??  (Read 2025 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: January 26, 2016, 07:08:38 PM »

Hi to all, I have a decision to make regarding the purchase of another detector to add to the arsenal,as I previously said the NOKTA FORS CoRe is a great land machine but fails abismaly on the beaches,to say the least !!!
SO,I am thinking about getting a C-SCOPE CS4PI,does anyone have any first hand experience of this machine? Would you recommend buying one,what are its strong points,and conversely, its weak ones !!
I know that the Minelab Sovereign,ELITE, etc are probably the best for the beach but they are still holding their price,and rightly so !!
The C-SCOPE I am contemplating is second hand and a fair price...BUT it dosnt matter how reasonable it is if it isn't any good on the beach.
Thanks for looking 👍
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 07:27:19 PM »

spend the £££ tight wad , buy a minelab , why settle for 2nd best  Wink

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 08:33:20 PM »

Wel!!!!! I still have my C-Scope CS4PI and am keeping it for the day that I feel I might need it for a clean beach. The machine comes in at a nice price; even new. It is light to swing and simple to operate. It punches deep on wet or dry sand and picks up even the smallest of metal items at good depths. On the other hand; it has no discrimination and it will do your back in on a scrappy beach. I foolishly used my CS4PI regularly on the sands at Talacre and it had me digging for the Olympics.

I eventually bought my self a MineLab Safari and am more than pleased with it's performance both in land and on the beach. Unlike my EuroAce, it can move from dry sand to wet and back again whilst giving little or no major problems. The safari, of course, discriminates out most of the iron that I hit at Talacre but is still fooled by copper shrapnel. The Safar meets my needs but I am sure that there will be others on here who are better qualified to give you advice on detector purchases.

Ps.............the Safari initially drove me daft and it took a while  for me to get used to it's ways.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 08:45:25 PM »

Hi Chris, many thanks for your response re the C -Scope,and yes I realise that  your doing a lot of digging.
And yes,the SAFARI is a good machine,I did actually own one,it was fine but to many whistles and bells for me !!!,I spent more time trying to make out the pixilated screen and listening to too many signals,it wasn't the machine it was me.!!!LOL.
Anyway,thanks a big lot for answering my question.👍
IFINDNOTHING

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 09:04:35 PM »

I agree with Resurgam on this, PI machines are a total back breaker on your average beach, If you should wish to dig hair clips in wet sand at 16"(and deeper)  with no doubt they are the detector for you, you can even track yourself down the beach every 4 or so foot as you dig a hole! Usually you end up fighting the water filling your holes., and never retrieve your finds unless they are close to the surface.
Looking on a positive note though, I'm keeping mine for cleaning up the next axe head hoard that someone finds Smiley.

Quote "Don't ever give up hope, there's something out there, all you have to do is hold on and believe" Axl Rose-1988
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 10:21:09 PM »

Spot on there, concerning the backfill by wet sand into the hole. I invested in a long handled spade to get the better depth whilst digging and to take some of the stress of my lower back. The longer handled spade certainly helped with the depth problem but I found that it accentuated the stress in my lower back. Sad

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal