Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What have I done.....  (Read 4071 times)
Dusty

« on: July 13, 2013, 10:56:23 PM »

Things I do sometimes make me wonder if I'm of sound mind. So the Safari goes and after a quick look about I decide on the Hawkeye as the replacement with a bit of cash in my pocket for a rainy day... well it was until the other half found out  Angry

I was wondering if Tesoro/Laser was having an off day when they released the Hawkeye? Was it a Friday afternoon and they just wanted to get out the factory for a beer? Maybe the MD had his leg over the night before and was spinning out on cloud 9? I don't know, but one thing I do know is the Hawkeye ain't that hot.

Seriously, a 1772 penny at 4" and the numbers are all over the place 86-21-34-56? What is that all about? A guy out and about the same time as me tried his old XLT on some targets I found and mullered me, while I struggled to pick them up with any certainty or solid numbers his machine was screaming with solid numbers, some targets he found I couldn't even pick up with discrimination at 0 and juice on FULL!? I got so badly owned yesterday morning I feel violated!   Cry

If I ever moan about the weight of a (good) machine on here ever again PLEASE just take time out to call me a tit and ridicule me, please don't limit your swear words, I'll still get it even if the swear filter gets them!

I'll start.... I am a moron with the IQ of a dried dog turd on a sunny day..
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:06:43 AM by Da Monkey » Logged
Whiteduke

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 01:30:08 AM »

You must be over the moon with that penny Grin
Wheres the pic?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:58:26 AM by Da Monkey » Logged
wayno

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 06:00:40 AM »

I think you are being a bit hard on yourself.  Grin
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:59:02 AM by Da Monkey » Logged

2014 using ctx3030  TIMES OUT -12
Hammered --6
Gold rings --3
 Other rings 1                   
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 06:50:35 AM »

Things I do sometimes make me wonder if I'm of sound mind. So the Safari goes and after a quick look about I decide on the Hawkeye as the replacement with a bit of cash in my pocket for a rainy day... well it was until the other half found out  Angry

I was wondering if Tesoro/Laser was having an off day when they released the Hawkeye? Was it a Friday afternoon and they just wanted to get out the factory for a beer? Maybe the MD had his leg over the night before and was spinning out on cloud 9? I don't know, but one thing I do know is the Hawkeye ain't that hot.

Seriously, a 1772 penny at 4" and the numbers are all over the place 86-21-34-56? What is that all about? A guy out and about the same time as me tried his old XLT on some targets I found and mullered me, while I struggled to pick them up with any certainty or solid numbers his machine was screaming with solid numbers, some targets he found I couldn't even pick up with discrimination at 0 and juice on FULL!? I got so badly owned yesterday morning I feel violated!   Cry

If I ever moan about the weight of a (good) machine on here ever again PLEASE just take time out to call me a tit and ridicule me, please don't limit your swear words, I'll still get it even if the swear filter gets them!

I'll start.... I am a moron with the IQ of a dried dog turd on a sunny day..
Dusty mate, sell the Hawkeye buy a Soverereign Elite or GT, hip mount it (nice and light) knowing you could dig a 1772 penny at 18" Grin as the Meercats say ...Simples, oh and stay out of the mid-day sun for a while Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:05:58 AM by Da Monkey » Logged
JBM

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 08:16:54 AM »

Just get a Deus ultra lightweight and the fastest recovery speed on the market. Wink Jerry.
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 08:18:38 AM »

Hi Dusty, I spoke to Pentechnic about the performance of the Hawkeye, Trident 1 and 2 when I was looking for a new machine, I told him I had a laser powermax 2 and looking to up grade he told me if your powermax 2 is working ok its not even worth selling as the gain is minimal, basically it would not be a up grade.
My family has always been users of laser/Tesoro very simple machines, but the Hawkeye only made one outing before being sold on.
Watch Regtons field test on Youtube that should make your mine up about the Hawkeye you don't need a digital target id meter on a laser, they should of put the money else where and made a better machine.
If you want a up grade get the Tejon, thats if you want to stick with Laser/Tesoro as it is great for the sort of detecting I do (looking for hammereds)

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 11:51:26 AM »

The 4" penny is currently soaking in some biodiesel just to clean some of the crud off it.

Half tempted to get an XLT in all honesty. Off to sulk some more.

Cheers fellas  Cry
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 12:26:19 PM »

If you are serious about a whites Dusty get the dfx if you want an all rounder so you can do the beach as well. I've had both. Passed my dfx on a couple of years ago to a mate, bought a V3i but missed the dfx, had to go out and get another one the other month. Smiley)

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
Dusty

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »

Cheers DM. I only thought about the XLT because it seems more favoured than the DFX and although heavy it seemed nicely balanced. I will take a look and see if my budget can stretch to buy one.
alun

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 06:57:44 PM »

Just had my DFX back from a revamp and well pleased with her. There are some great units out there, and I know your a seasoned detector and we all get done from time to time.
Cant help chuckling at your dog turd remark, and no I aint going to ask about the penny.
Dues are stunners, 3030 are well up there, but for me the DFX does exactly what I need.
Good luck buddy

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 07:12:04 PM »

Same casing and weight pretty much on the XLT & DFX, just dual frequency and is superb on the beach even on the wet sand, unfortunately the XLT doesn't perform that well on the wet sand as it falses a lot. I've had a fair few machines (mainly using a Deus now a days, but have had Cscope, explorer 2, sovereign, GMP, Garrett, F75 black, V3i, XLT & DFX), but I still love the DFX as its a total pleasure to use.

You should be able to pick a reasonably good one up for around 300 - 350 ish if you keep your eyes open.  My mate with my original machine has fitted the ultimate coil and seems to be doing very well with it, but to be fair he was doing pretty well with the original coil...

I've never used a laser and have often picked up the Hawkeye when calling into regtons, wondering what they were like, if you've still got it on the next rally I'll swap you a few hours on my dfx for a go on the Hawkeye - but no, I'm not selling it lol

Good luck whatever you decide to replace the Hawkeye with...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:15:03 PM by Da Monkey » Logged

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
Dusty

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 08:21:44 PM »

Do we know where and when the next rally is? Anyone is welcome to try this damn thing,  maybe somone can find something interesting with it.
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 04:23:29 AM »

My other half had a Hawkeye. She was never happy with it. Before Xmas she changed to a Deus and since then her finds rate and hammereds have gone through the roof. It has paid for itself 3 times over in the first 6 months. Good luck with what ever you choose next.

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal