Deus control box buttons fix

(1/3) > >>

Myke:
Had issues with rubbish buttons from day 1, 5 months later and + button begins to stick....my fingers are a bit big and pressing buttons, especially when in a cover was a real task.
Seems guarantee doesn't cover the buttons if used too much !!!!

I have used them a lot as experimented with copious settings, think I was using thumb nail a bit!

And it's £50 for new front case from Regtons...who are super helpful BTW and can turn it around in 5 days !!!!

Found some small (9mm) transparent door slam protectors, half sphere and self adhesive from wilkinsons (40 in pack)

They fit snug on buttons and now pressing is a joy as they are well proud of casing...even in waterproof case it's a breeze.....

Highly recommended, unit changes like a rolls Royce now.

dingdong:
Wow !! Mikey that's a great hack mate...But "shush"!!!.....Don't tell Nigel...👍

Myke:
Quote from: dingdong on March 06, 2017, 06:15:05 PM

Wow !! Mikey that's a great hack mate...But "shush"!!!.....Don't tell Nigel...👍

Nigel at Regtons was very helpful..they do a visual check on unit to determine if it's a fault or wear and tear...after 5 months of ownership mine certainly had signs of use, mainly because it's so hard to press buttons cleanly. When mobile phone buttons on £20 phones seem to last for decades I think XP need to re think their design and make the unit waterproof too.

Val Beechey:
I have to agree with you Myke. The depressed buttons are a pain. With I first had mine it drove me bonkers. In the end, much against my better judgement, I had to cut my thumb nail down to the skin so it would fit into the depression.
I've always thought it was, maybe, a bad design fault. Why depressed ?

Myke:
Just heard from Niger at Regions. ..He says lots of Deus  owners have this problem...yanks have been using blimps on there buttons for  years....sent XP an e mail asking why my 10 yr old phone that cost £20 has perfect buttons but the 5 month old £1000 Deus has rubbish ones...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page