Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ok could be a good bargain for 40  (Read 6414 times)
ewansdad27

« on: July 28, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »

Hi all and what a warm welcome the other day i had.
Ok now onto the main topic here.
I have spoke to a guy who is known on here and i will not reveal his name just in case he doesnt want me to.
Anyway, i can get hold of a C-Scope 660 detector for 40 pounds
I am going to look at the review now but would love what you all think for a begginers first metal detector. This is including delivery Smiley
Seems like a good deal but what the hell do i know lol. Anyway let me know all.

Many thanks

Gareth Grin

p.s Can anyone please tell me what non-motion means as im a little confused?.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 10:50:03 AM by ewansdad27 » Logged

To be the best you gotta beat the best. thats a whole of beatings i gotta give Wink
mel

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 12:46:58 PM »

I had one a few years ago , you'l end up digging every signal even iron their hard work i would advise you not to buy,
nowt wrong with the price or the machine for a mess about.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 01:04:42 PM »

Hi Gareth

I know C-scope have got a loyal following but ive never owned one so cant really give you much advice I know they go for around £130 new and is classed as a begginers detector having only 2 controls it should be very simple and enjoyable to use
good idea reading the reviews as mel said i should,nt think youve got a lot of discrimination for the money.
Saying that with all metal machines youll dig more but youll wont miss much either unlike your computerised machine 

The thing is ive found its not really how much you pay its if you get on with it, i havnt liked using my last 2 Detectors
I know everyone will agree, many on here have gone through a good few Detectors before they came to the one they really like.
Why not start with a Csope !

Non motion means ..a non motion Machine will make a sound if your search coil is held over a metal item
with a motion detector you have to pass a moving coil over the item a couple of times to produce a sound.
Hope this makes sense.
Most modern detectors are motion detectors.ive no idea why its the norm I did read it somewhere but totally forgot lol

ewansdad27

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 01:05:44 PM »

ahhh i see. I heard it has different discrimination controls though? maybe im over reading about that part. couldnt find any videos on it. but for a first metal detector your saying its not a bad price? happy days

as for getting the non motion. Does it mean that even if i just hold the detector over an item without movement it will pick a signal up still? i think i get it. god im thick lol.

Well so far i really am considering getting it as like you sai, a lot of people have gone through a few detectors until there happy. i am very happy if it only has 2 nobs on it as it should be a simple tool for me. Getting a little excited about it now.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:10:31 PM by ewansdad27 » Logged

To be the best you gotta beat the best. thats a whole of beatings i gotta give Wink
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 01:08:30 PM »

Gareth Just had a thought  check out the price used ones are going on Fleabay.
You could sell it at a profit if you dont get on with it or you want to trade up
ewansdad27

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 01:13:42 PM »

well, i checked fleabay Smiley but nothing on there so i checked the prices rand new before and like said prvious there around 110 - 140 new ( i think new).

Nice bike btw. Is it a cbr 600 or 1000? surely not the baby blade Smiley

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 01:22:33 PM »

Looking at the pics its got a tune and Discrimination rotory dials  
I think tune is ground balencing  and disc is Discrimination.
I had a Garret treasure ace for years and that had very good disc and they was only £99 pounds new

Cscopes new range are getting good reviews id like a go of the new R1s

Its a 1999 Hayabusa Gsxr1300r Full power before all bikes had to be speed restricted the Hayabusa is still the fastest production bike in the world even tho its 10 year old
it can nudge 200 Mph but ive never been brave enough to try it  lol Im in my mid fortys and would like a few more Birthdays lol
Its not called the widow maker for nothing lol

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:25:46 PM by PHIL YNYSBOETH (RARE) » Logged
ewansdad27

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 01:28:48 PM »

see anything that black and red i automatically think its a cbr lol. ooohhh well.
Well i had a chat with the wife and she thinks that for price w really cant go wrong and like you said, if i dont get along with it i can always sell on bebay.

Whle im here, thought i would show you something interesting lol

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/385906

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 01:47:47 PM »

Hi Gareth

Ive never been detecting down your way but im sure theres loads of history and unlike everywhere down the vale it hasnt been done to death be detectorists
Im sorry i sold my 1st detector great on the beach or when the minerals in the soil makes detecting hard work.
all the best with the CScope dont give up on it to quickly it can take months to learn a machine and dont be afraid to bin it on fleabay/ad trader  or Detecting wales if you dont get on with it.
you could spend 100s of pounds and not get on with it...........like me  Tongue

all the best happy hunting
Phil Jones RARE
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 03:23:57 PM »

I'm a bit torn on this. If its in good condition you can hardly lose money on a resale. On the other hand the lack of controls doesn't mean its easy to use.

Its a cross over machine, a slightly more powerful version of the CS330 but recased into the CS1M format which makes it more comfortable in use.

Its non motion as you have noticed, ie based on the old IB/TR designs so no motion needed to pick up a target which is great if you need to stick the coil down a narrow hole or gap in some rocks. Also the sweep speed when detecting isn't critical as it is with many motion machines.

The down side is motion machines use poles (filters) in different configerations for good reason. Some of the filters handle ground effects. On an expensive non motion machine you would have a ground balance control to deal with extreme ground. You have not got this on this model. You have got a discrim. control but the more you increase it the worse depth you end up with and its not to great in the first place.

With no ground balance there will be areas you can't effectively search. On the beach this isn't such a problem as the discrimination control can be used as a ground balance. Foil reject setting should balance out the wet salt.
On any site you may find the detector suffers from "liftyness". Sweep a little high or lift the coil at the extreme of each swing and it may sound off. Filtered detectors don't suffer from this. If it doesn't sound off its because its not very sensitive which is also not good either !

The plus side of this type of machine is that its really handy to use non motion in some areas, holes, brambles, heavy undergrowth. It will also make you a better detector user as it will force you to maintain a nice flat sweep at a constant height. If your working areas at the top of the beach with large stones you can creep between them and sit the coil on the target whilst the motion machines will be clipping rocks and sweep across other targets throwing off the discrim. readings.

Now I've totally depressed you I think the price swings it and you will find places it will work fairly well and perhaps even better than a low range motion detector. I think its been discontinued but it can't be much above five years old and they are very reliable. As Phil says you can spend hundreds and not get a detector that suits both you and your ground.

PS "tune" just returns the threshold to the low hum you require. Unfortunately it doesn't help with ground conditions.
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 03:45:51 PM »

I HAD ONE  AND  ALLTHOUGH  THE  DISCRIM DIDENT WORK ON MINE  I FOUND   LOADS   AND  LOADS  OF COINS   AND  OLD IRON TOO  ,,,, BEERY  HAD  IT ARTER ME  AND FOUND HIS FIRST COINS WITH IT    FOR    40   QUEENSHEADS  I WOULD  TAKE IT BUD ,,,, YOU  CAN ALLWAYS  UPGRADE  AS IVE SEEN THEM SELL ON EBAY  FOR  70  BUCKS    Grin Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
ewansdad27

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 10:25:37 PM »

well all i can say is wow!! that has to be the most explained post i have ever seen in my life in the forums ( i forum a lot on diff topics) but a great one and it makes sense. But i cant help but think 40 pretty pounds is worth a shot for a first time buyer. Maybe im just buying myself into this but like the other guys say, i can sell it for probably around 50 - 70. As for the product being discontinued, your right it doesnt stock it anymore. Beaches are a no go for me as i will be using it for blaenavon but surely with all the heavy bushes i can get some use out of this. I am very excited to actually being able to show my first decent findings when i find them.  Today i went on google earth and got my bro-in-law and his partner  ohhh and my wife to show me some rare locations in blaenavon and you will be suprised what we came up with. I am positive i will find something good. It wont be grands worth but it will be EXCITING and thats the main thing i am sure of it!!. Hey do you guys ever feel a bit like pokemon in the sense of....got to catch them all lol.

anyway, thanks for your time and effort to post to me and i really do sit here and app all the posts i get.

god speed

gareth
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 10:29:39 PM by ewansdad27 » Logged

mike8547

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 08:39:19 AM »

if it do not come with a manual u can download it and a one or two tests on the internet cscope site
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 11:26:30 AM »

hey  gareth  google  earth  is a good  site   but   also  look  at  a site  called ,,,,, wheresthepath ,,,,   its  got  satelite  pics  one  side   and  an  old  map of that  area  on the  left  showing  att the  archy sites  etc  ,,,,,  i allways  use it   Wink Wink Wink

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
ewansdad27

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 09:52:57 AM »

Hey! i will check that out as my and my brother in law havebeen looking for old maps and hopefully, this willl give us some clues on where to look.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal