Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help purchasing my first detector  (Read 4617 times)
flipper
« on: May 20, 2009, 11:55:57 PM »

Hi all
Im new and hooked on this fandabedozy hobby and am struggling to choose my first metal detecor

I have researched countless pages, reviews, features on metal detectors and need some advice on purchasing one as its just got more confusing. I have just discovered that the Laser Trident 1 is infact a 'Tesoro Cibola' in disguise and retails in the uk @ 399 compared to the 240 tesoro cibola (delivered)from the states . !!! can anyone explain the differences between the two and would i be getting a bargain from the states?

I were planning on getting the Tesoro Cibola but dont want to be swayed by price if it were designed for American terrain and rendered useless in the uk. would consider other detectors around the 250 mark. any advice and info would be appreciated

Thanks in advance flip

Laser Trident 1: Laser Trident 1: [url=http://www.metaldetectorshop.co.uk/Tesoro_laser/lasertrident1metaldetector.htm

Tesoro Cibola : http://metaldetector.be/Tesoro-Cibola-Metal-Detector/M/B000CP1Z8O.htm?traffic_src=GB&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=GB&id=uk
ps gutted to be missing out on the Bassaleg rally, cant wait to get detecting
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 12:03:06 AM by flipper » Logged
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 12:10:53 AM »

Welcome flipper , enjoy the forum, Ask if you need to know , take part as much as possible fella. Another rally coming off in June , ovenight rally . As for which model to choose, take yer time, the right info will be along.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 12:28:18 AM »

Hello Flipper Smiley welcome to the forum I ,ve owned a laser trident 11 it,s a fairly powerful machine very good on Iron rejection and loves the small stuff also nice and light the cibola is almost identical to the trident 1 if you purchase the trident 1 in this country it,s easier to get repairs done under warrantythe only differance between the 1 and 2 is the manual ground adjust if you don,nt plan to use addittional searchcoils you won,nt need this save some money by going for the trident1you,ll be able to use this machine anywhere except on wet sand look on garys metal detectors website the trident is tested against a minelab xterra50 and wins good luck ::)mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Beefy (GARETH)

WHERES DA BEEF

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 05:19:43 AM »

welcome flipper to the forum you can a lot from thr gals and lads hope you like it ear
mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 12:18:21 PM »

hi flipper, try a second hand laser rapier, or the old side winder, can be purchased on e bay for a couple of hundred, user friendly switch on and go 1 pp3 battery, light but also very good on small finds. then when you are well and truly hooked "splash out "  Grin Grin  good hunting anyway   mick

you have to walk over it to find it,even then its not a dead sert
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 12:35:28 PM »

Hi Flipper and welcome to the site.
I don't want to rain on your parade but I just wanted to say that the £150 you will save buying from the states, will nearly all be gone on postage, vat and import duty.

If I were you I would check out the Detecnicks website at http://www.detecnicks.co.uk/default.htm
and see what they have in second-hand, or give them a ring and ask to speak to Laura, She will almost council you as to what you want and need, they have never let me down.

Geoff
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 10:37:09 PM »

Welcome to the Detecting Wales for forum Flipper.

Good luck with your Laser,let us know how you get on with it
Next thing is to find a good Friendly local Detecting Club

All the best
Phil Jones
RARE

bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 10:54:04 PM »

welcome to the forum flipper.... Wink.....make sure you attend the next detecting wales rally with your new machine........there will be plenty of advise( if you want it ) on settings ,search technique etc....all the best....byron

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 06:26:27 AM »

welcome to the forum flipper.

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal