Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bungee gizmo to hold the detector - RJM  (Read 2364 times)
Debbie

« on: January 24, 2011, 02:26:09 PM »

Just to say "Thank you"  Bob  for the gizmo on Sunday at the Tewksbury rally.  Much better than having to put the detector down on the ground or lean it on the spade each time I want to dig / look at something.  I didn't want one of the big harness-type set ups, as by the time you get all your wet weather gear and belt for goodie/trash bag and probe etc etc you feel trussed up like a turkey enough without adding something else to go over your shoulder.

As we had a little chat about the bungee late in the afternoon, and you asked me how I was getting on with it, I actually had the detector resting upright at my side held on the bungee as I was holding a clump of earth in my hand, having just dug out a signal.  As you walked away I retrieved a little hammy out of the grass roots of the clump  Grin  You were too far down the field for me to call out to you, and you had gone by the time I came back to the car. 

So, my first hammy of 2011 - the bungy gizmo has brought me good luck - thanks Bob  Wink

Deb
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »

Hi Deb

I'm glad you like it! I've been using one for years having had the full monty type when I had a Monsterlab back in the early 90's. I adapted it, and then had someone I know knock up what you have now. It makes life so much easier...
and as you say........you're not all trussed up!  Well, when detecting, anyway !  Grin

I have tried to persuade one or two others of the benefit but to no avail. They say they don't like 'wires' yet have
headphones connected  Huh You can disconnect the detector in a second or so to climb over gates and the
other part of the harness stays on the belt. So easy!

I'll try and sort out the other one, and as soon as I post this I'll get my contact to make some more.

It was a cracking day out. I've never seen a farmer and family so responsive and the fact that he let us on
his newly cropped field was amazing. I've never seen that before! His wife's soup and roll was very nice.

There was quite a bit of stuff found and all of us did okay. I had a couple of hammereds and a milled
silver.

I'm now looking forward to this Sunday and good company.....of course!  Grin

JRD

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 06:30:55 PM »

I saw yours yesterday Bob and must admit it looks a great idea.

I was thinking about asking you for one but I use a bungie (yeah got an eTrac and need one before you start  Smiley )

But I must say for anyone not using a bungie I would recommend these. Still might get one off you on Sunday if you have one spare.

wyrd bið ful aræd - Fate is inexorable

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal