Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday with the new Safari  (Read 2314 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: January 19, 2015, 06:45:16 PM »

Desperate to get some more practice with R2D2 and not wanting to wallow in the boggy ground of my permissions, I eventually zipped down to the sands at Talacre and braved the chilling coastal winds. Having arrived at first light, I decided to avoid known areas of heavy WWII scrap contamination and concentrate on a number of areas that I have worked before with the EuroAce and the C-Scope CS4PI.

Setting the Safari up on coductive / all metals, with sensetivity on auto, and audio on maximum; I commenced detecting keeping the machine low and slow. For some strange reason the Safari seems to be easier to understand on the beach than it is on my permissions. I think that the reason for this is due to me starting to understand what the machine is trying to tell me, sweeping more slowly, and sticking with one set of settings for the whole period of the detecting session. I also remembered to noise cancel as I moved from area to area. I finshed the session just after lunch and fealt happier with the machine and am looking forward to reworking an area of 25 yards by 100 yards on one of my permissions; once it dries out a little.

Finds for the morning were, perhaps, a little dissapointing but my next visit should be a little more rewarding.  Wink

* Sunday's finds.jpg (218.29 KB, 417x599 - viewed 344 times.)

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
grego
NWDD Member

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 08:02:34 PM »

Well done Chris.

Grego
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 09:50:32 PM »

Ta M8,
             the washer was a real bummer! I got a signal that turned out to be from what looked like a small lump of very  very old sea soddened wood. Having pinned it down to a smaller section with the pinpointer, I bagged it ready for investigation when I got home. Jently breaking open the lump when I got home; out popped what looked like a coin but with more cleaning, out popped a bloody washer!  Roll Eyes

That's the second time Talacre has fooled me with a bloody washer.

Here is one I found earlier............  I thought it was a hammy!  Cry

* Bloody washer.jpg (233.77 KB, 421x576 - viewed 900 times.)

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 02:05:05 AM »

It's all good practice mate Wink

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal