Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: filling in holes  (Read 4554 times)
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 08:49:50 AM »

A good detectorist will alway fill their holes in no matter where they are          
 well im no good then lol
 its better if people can see where you have been.especially horse riders,joggers etc than if they fall into a hole with soft sand in it .they can avoid the area that you have dug,beaches are large enough for that so wind your necks in.
 i've been on a lot of rallies where i have had to fill someone elses' holes in and remove scrap that they have just left behind .
 before you have a go at us beach detectors sort your own camp out..you holier than thou bleepin bleepers.
 when i leave a beach it looks like its the normandy landings,all the others who do my beaches do the same.within a couple of hours of the tide fills the holes in.
 come to a beach and have a go its fun diggin up other peoples gold lol.
 i can reccomend it
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:38:05 AM by dances with badgers » Logged

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
db4

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 01:25:41 PM »

I would like to take Aberavon beach as an example most detecs go on the beach for about 4 hrs. 2 before low and 2 after, so taking into account the beach is 5k long and the distance of 20/30m x 500m on average is detected in that short time. Out of all the times I have been detecting on the beach (and any other) not one of the public has said anything about holes but they do like to ask about any finds.
Never mind about holes what about HORSE S**T, riders don’t dismount and clean up nor do very few dog owners. Then there are the motorised vehicles etc, etc

gijan

my sir garret can find it ...yes he can

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 04:09:34 PM »

I think if you dig a hole you fill it in and leave it like u havnt been there no excuses.
...WELL SAID END OF CHAT................ Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

my sir garret can find it ..yes he can...
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 01:32:31 PM »

dont need excuses end of chat Smiley

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
anthonyjay

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 06:45:19 PM »

Leaving holes unfilled has been a complaint made about bait diggers for many, many  years, but as  already pointed out the tide comes in and hey! presto all seems well again, but I do know from my own experiences those holes do not fill with compacted sand etc; ie; their original state, leaving it a nasty sinking feeling to the unlucky person who walks into them when the tide begins to cover the evidence.
hoover-G

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »

I once watched two Irishmen in a park. One was digging holes and the other was immediately filling them in again.

'Tell me i said, 'What on earth are you doing?'

'Well, 'said the digger, 'Usually there are three of us. I dig, Fergal plants the tree and Sean fills in the hole.

Today Fergal is away unwell, but that doesn't mean Sean and I have to take the day off, does it?'
galoshers

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 05:13:40 PM »

pahh thats nothing in the early days of the thames diggers they used to dig holes 5-6 feet deep and didnt fill them in .after a few tides they used to fill up with slushy mud and if you walked into 1 you would sink up to your hips and need help to pull you out of the hole.
they cant do such things nowadays ...
TeeCee
Rally attendee

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 05:22:50 PM »

Didn't they dig at Dibley ?    Cheesy
TheLoveDoc

Garret Ace 250 Minelab Safari

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 05:47:48 PM »

I think in the end it just comes down to common sense  Undecided  Personally I leave it as I found it ...( minus the ringpull )  Roll Eyes

1 Gold ring - returned to owner.
1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal