Two rare Bristol coins I picked up on eBay in a month

(1/4) > >>

Dale:
I added these two interesting coins to the collection the other week, they were both BIN what was good for me, im just glad I spotted them both....
I contacted the Bristol museum to see if they had one in there collection but im still waiting for a reply.

Il leave it to others to ID, I know people enjoy it ;)

Val Beechey:
Your collection must be looking a bit impressive by now Dale.  My 2 sit in regal isolation on a page of their own.  ::)
Onwards and upwards, next time maybe No.3 will show up.

celticspikey:
Credit to you Dale, you certainly know how to sniff them out mate..... ;)

Dale:
Quote from: Val Beechey on May 07, 2016, 10:09:58 PM

Your collection must be looking a bit impressive by now Dale.  My 2 sit in regal isolation on a page of their own.  ::)
Onwards and upwards, next time maybe No.3 will show up.

Yes its starting to look good now, its getting harder finding examples I haven't got though, I was lucky with the two above.
The local Celtic coins im doing well on, iv added a few nice ones lately, im suppose to sale the duplicates when I up grade but that's a problem for my I struggle to sale things I like lol ;)

Your finds are getting better and better Val, more will come soon im sure your doing well :) ;)

Dale:
Quote from: celticspikey on May 08, 2016, 08:22:30 AM

Credit to you Dale, you certainly know how to sniff them out mate..... ;)

Cheers Paul ;)

The first coin is the Bristol/Coventry provincial mint mule I spoke to you about, note the B on breast for Bristol, with CIVI TAS COVE TRE on the REV..... im struggling to find anything out about mules like this, there just so rare, one Bristol/Coventry is recorded by Blunt and Whitton but where it is I don't know, this coin could be from the same dies?

The 2nd coin is a known example of a Bristol/London mule, my mate has a example in his collection from the same dies, what he picked up 20 years ago from a auction ;) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page