e trac programs

(1/3) > >>

jonny:
would like to hear opinions on using the preset programs on my e trac, have not ventured much beyond searching in the coin program.

Debbie:
Hi Jonny, I search in all metal - you can get quite a bit of ear-bashing if there is a lot of iron in the ground, but the advantage is you don't mask out any of the goodies either.  I know that one of the selling points of the e-trac is to be able to program it to do this, that and the other, but IMHO when you start using any discrim, including iron mask, then you can start to lose depth and sensitivity.  It is a bit horses for courses though - if you are detecting in exceptional conditions where 'all metal' is just not do-able, then having the other programs and settings are useful.  So far, I haven't been anywhere where I have changed the setting from all metal.  The best thing to do is just experiment - even if you spend a couple of hours in a field trying out different settings and see how you get on in those particular conditions - the e-trac will store a few user settings, so it is easy to switch between them. :)

Chef Geoff:
Hi Jonny
The beauty of the Etrac is that nothing is written in stone ie. you can change everything, You will read lots of posts on various forums expounding the virtue of this or that setting, but to be honest each site requires slightly different settings.

If you are new to the Etrac then factory pre-sets are a good place to start and will help you get a working knowledge of the machine, sounds, pinpoint etc.

As you progress you will want to use "all metal" or minimal disc with only one or two bars up on the bottom and maybe a triangular nail pattern in the bottom right.

Also you will want to come out of auto sens and try manual, all I can say is WOW! it's a totally different animal in manual, and a wild one at that so try this in one of the factory disc modes or you may get confused as to what exactly the machine is trying to tell you.

Have a look over on MLO and while your there download the Etrac emulator so you can get a feel for different patterns before you go into the field.

Chef

jonny:
Thanks Debbie/ Chef, forgive my ignorrance but not sure how to arrive at the all metal mode, would this be similar to the Relic setting

Tafflaff (Rob):
Jonny , I got a Whites DFX , its got all metal and is a very programable machine, what I found was that I started off on the factory settings but my natural inquisitivness made be learn the machine bit by bit to try and learn it all in one go is a big ask.

Good luck fella

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page