Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi to all at Detecting Wales  (Read 9085 times)
Mrs Steptoe

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 01:39:43 PM »

Hi Val,
          Thanks for asking.Made a start on a couple of fields,lovely flat pasture with huge old oaks.Looked promising ,but sadly nothing.Thought my detector was on the blink,it was so quiet.Just for something to do I dug an iron signal which turned out to be a horseshoe.I offered it to Hercules,but he said it was too small and where were the other three anyway?
Still,the sun was shining,the birds were singing and I had a flask of tea and a currant bun.There's always another day and another field(loads more to try). Smiley
Just hope nobody has already wiped it clean.
            Mrs.S.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 08:33:45 PM »

Well I had the opposite, again, today. Been waiting to get into this field since last year. So busy it nearly wore out my detector. Unfortunately busy, busy with iron and hot rocks.
After wasting an hour yesterday digging up that stew pot I thought I'd better make an all out effort today. When I got there I discovered my line of approach was cut off by 20 very enthusiastic yearling bullocks so had to navigate around and through another field and then climb over sheep net and 2 strands of barbed wire. Managed to snag my jeans on the way over but hey it adds to the ambiance. By now I was warm. Half  an hour in and I was perspiring (ladies don't sweat do they) so I ended up having to carry shovel and waist coat.
Got to the bottom of the field and turned to go back. OMG it looked like Mount Everest so I puddled around down the bottom end for and hour or so.
I was rewarded with 1 shoe buckle, 1 horse buckle, the holdy bit of a dart, lengh of copper wire, shot gun cap, 2 funny looking thingies, pipe olive, spoon handle, small bit of lead white with age and my 1st bit of clay pipe and numerous bits of aluminium. Not a Roman in sight and tis field is next door to a Roman road. Huh
All in all not bad for me. Then I had to face the detour back up mount Everest and over the barbed wire. Told you some of us were excentric, didn't I. I think we must be mad. Huh Grin

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 08:34:55 PM »

P.S. Who's Hercules Huh

Mrs Steptoe

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 02:38:58 PM »

I'm sure we're all mad!
I was thinking,(dangerous,I know)-is there a patron saint or pagan god of metal detectorists?Y'know,a benign force to invoke when you put your spade in for the millionth hinge of the day hoping this will be 'The One'.Who will grant patience and dignity when the farmer sucks his teeth, scratches his head and informs you that you are the 5th/10th/20th detectorist to tell him that they haven't found anything on his land.To lend wings to leaden legs when for the first time Ever you have left the spare batteries in the car which is by now half a mile away and your detector has just beeped in distress,sighed and gone to sleep.
That sort of thing.
'Arold says we already have one-Saint Jude,the patron saint of lost causes.Ha-blinking-Ha.
Hercules is the horse that pulls the totting cart-geddit? I know,I live in a parallel fantasy world sometimes.It helps.
Going for lunch with friends in Ludlow tomorrow and cheekily taking the Minelab.They have an old orchard and a couple of fields,so why not?The others can sit drinking their g and t's and I'll provide the entertainment.
Keep the faith,
                        Mrs.S.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 07:52:32 PM »

Give my regards to Ludlow. Thats where I moved from.

Didn't I say something about being mad. In my defence I will say that was before detectors.

I don't know who the Gods might be but I always ask for thier kindness when I start. Good luck in the orchard.

Val

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »

Lovely place, Ludlow.

You'll do well digging after a big dinner. Good Luck!

TheLoveDoc

Garret Ace 250 Minelab Safari

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 04:58:54 PM »

hiya Val ....... welcome to dw.com,   Smiley

1 Gold ring - returned to owner.
1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 06:21:53 PM »

Thats a belated welcome LoveDoc but thanks all the same.

The thread is MrsSteptoe

Val

Mrs Steptoe

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 04:09:41 PM »

rym,you're not wrong.Never mix pleasure with metal detecting.
After a well-oiled lunch I decided to attack the orchard first,but was soon joined by the young master of the house and his six mates who were staying the week-end.They followed my every move so yours truly ended up giving them a Masterclass on the finer points of metal detecting(what do I know?) and then of course they all wanted a go.When it was obvious after twenty minutes they weren't going to dig up a box of gold coins or,better still,a finely honed sword and matching set of armour they slouched back to their Magners and zombie vampire dvds. 8)What with Mildred the resident sheep orchard lawn mower deciding to get friendly and the now gathering cold and gloom I decided to call it a day and go inside to see if there was any pudding left.
I'll be going back after the Easter hols and have been promised the place to myself and Mildred   in the stable.Watch this space. Wink
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:02:17 AM by Mrs Steptoe » Logged
Mrs Steptoe

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 04:11:21 PM »

Sorry-rjm Embarrassed
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 06:16:40 AM »

high and welcome aboard .mike Smiley

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
duggypuggy

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 08:42:06 AM »

Welcome Mrs.Steptoe,
This is a great site and a good laugh.
There are some intelligent people on here and we even have HENRY V111 (Richard 16.5 dd) who can cure a womans headache.
Happy Times
regards
Doug
Mrs Steptoe

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 06:58:58 PM »

Having a new driveway laid-after the workmen went home after digging up tons of concrete I got the dekkie out and went over the soil.How sad is that?
Went to the farm to get my fix and dug up one pot leg and assorted coins(mostly modern).
Counted up £5.63. Better than nothing!
'Arold can get 'is own tea,I'm off dahn the 'Skinner's Arms'.
EMU Ex Minelabuser

The Mutant EMU Has Now Landed So Smile Damn It

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 07:12:48 PM »

Welcome Welcome Welcome Mrs Steptoe did you once have a bloody miserable relative that was in the scrap trade !!! LOL
big welcome to the forum
Darren

Have You Ever Seen An EMU Using T2
Be Warned The EMU may Bite If Provoked
Mrs Steptoe

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 08:05:02 AM »

Yeah,Emu,a dirty ole man called Albert. Miserable git!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal