Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Location, location,location.  (Read 5197 times)
Doug

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 09:37:43 PM »

I can even change my XP Deus into a XP Goldmaxx Power!!

Show off!  Grin Grin Grin

...........Doug........ Lips sealed
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2014, 11:32:25 PM »

Nice Smiley - and showing perseverance in the wet.

I've been forcing myself to use my Deus over the last few weeks (as I feel it is important to get to understand a machine before I really decide on it, and you do get attached to the machine you know!).

I was just wondering what kind of numbers the cut half gave - I've got a few somewhere in the house, but I gave them to my boy, so who knows just where they are. The half groat I tested today came out in the high 60s and the siliqua around 56 (same as new 10p pieces). I'm currently using a modified programme (from the Deus book sort of) with the 'two tone' dig or don't dig signals and I'm still pulling up stuff from the garden (not that I'm expecting to find any cut halfs in my garden)
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 09:19:11 AM »

I've been forcing myself to use my Deus over the last few weeks (as I feel it is important to get to understand a machine before I really decide on it, and you do get attached to the machine you know!).

I was just wondering what kind of numbers the cut half gave - I've got a few somewhere in the house, but I gave them to my boy, so who knows just where they are. The half groat I tested today came out in the high 60s and the siliqua around 56 (same as new 10p pieces). I'm currently using a modified programme (from the Deus book sort of) with the 'two tone' dig or don't dig signals and I'm still pulling up stuff from the garden (not that I'm expecting to find any cut halfs in my garden)
just be care full that not all the number readings will be the same, it really depends on what frequency you use so if doug uses 8.khz, and you use 12khz-18khz ,doug's number readings could be 30-34 and your's could be 48-52 so unless your both using the same frequency dont depend on the numbers being the same , good luck 

the mighty xp Deus
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 10:49:23 AM »

just be care full that not all the number readings will be the same, it really depends on what frequency you use so if doug uses 8.khz, and you use 12khz-18khz ,doug's number readings could be 30-34 and your's could be 48-52 so unless your both using the same frequency dont depend on the numbers being the same , good luck 

I probably should have asked that too! But I thought that with the latest version they've sorted that out too so that all frequencies now show the same 'numbers' (although to be honest I'm not sure at the moment which version I'm using!)
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 12:07:33 PM »

im using v 3.2 and none of my frequency numbers are the same ,they are all different in all 4 modes 4khz,8khz,12khz,and 18khz  Smiley Smiley

the mighty xp Deus
Doug

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 04:52:23 PM »

It is well documented from XP that the Deus was to be on the same principal of their other range of machines, to be used with no visual readouts.

In reality some but not all Deus users was starting to use the 'contoller' in the role of deciding from the numbers on the VDU to dig a target or not.

I decided from the start I would use the machine without the use of any visual aid and dig targets on sounds only.

My machine is set in a modified version of the Basic 1 in the V2 set up.

I am confident in the sound only approach in my searching style to be able to hear and recover the smallest of targets....................Doug

Doug

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 06:12:16 PM »

This is just about the average number of targets I will dig using sound only to ID a find.

The silver hawking ring you can just see at the bottom.

Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 09:16:38 PM »

lol. How was your back after digging all that ? After all  that work you certainly deserve that Hawking ring

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 11:00:12 PM »

I was out in the park today - nothing exciting, but £5.50 in an hour - almost minimum wage Smiley

I've set the machine up so that broadly anything from about 35 to 95 gives one tone, and anything either side of that will give another.

I'm digging a lot more trash than I would have with my ETRAC - I'm still very much a target id kind of person (although I try and dig more targets than I would like as you never know).

Certainly in the park I would have dug even more rubbish in the 40s which seems to be mostly foil / small aluminium - of course in a field I'd probably dig it Smiley

It's always good to get your advice (to those who have provided it Smiley ).
grego
NWDD Member

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 12:18:20 PM »

Very good info

Grego
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2014, 05:13:22 AM »

I was out in the park today - nothing exciting, but £5.50 in an hour - almost minimum wage Smiley

I've set the machine up so that broadly anything from about 35 to 95 gives one tone, and anything either side of that will give another.

I'm digging a lot more trash than I would have with my ETRAC - I'm still very much a target id kind of person (although I try and dig more targets than I would like as you never know).

Certainly in the park I would have dug even more rubbish in the 40s which seems to be mostly foil / small aluminium - of course in a field I'd probably dig it Smiley

It's always good to get your advice (to those who have provided it Smiley ).
Probono are you ignoring the low numbers on the remote? If so what about double dashes (--)? If you are ignoring these as well you could be ignoring the good stuff including hammereds.

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2014, 08:45:36 AM »

For the time being I've been ignoring the double dashes - I've been learning the Deus in my garden and in a council park - although the park was farmer's fields until the 1940s (the original farm is now a pub), so I wanted to look at 'obvious' finds so far - when I was digging the lower signals it was almost always small snips of aluminium from chopped up cans.

If / when I next take it to a proper field, I'll be digging more signals - I've seen from some of the Youtube videos that the double dashes can be quite interesting things - as long as the audio signal is good.

I suppose I don't want to dig too much trash Smiley I was quite pleased with how it manage to pick up some targets that were basically a small lump of non-ferrous surrounded by iron rust - and I'm finding the pinpointing (using the front edge of the coil) pretty effective too.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal