Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arrests after wild boars let loose in Maesteg farm burglary  (Read 4196 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: April 28, 2014, 11:58:15 AM »

Six people have been arrested after wild boars were released during a burglary at a farm in Bridgend county.

About 21 of the animals could be roaming the area after they were released from their pen following a break-in in Ewenny Road, Maesteg, at 12:30 BST on Sunday.

Police said the farmer holds a dangerous animals licence and had the necessary fencing to prevent escapes.

Anyone who sees the boars is advised not approach them, but to call 101.

South Wales Police said although the animals are not an immediate threat to the public, they may charge anyone who tries to approach them as they will be disorientated and are not used to being out of their pens.

Wild boars are usually nocturnal and can travel up to 30 miles a day searching for food in the early morning or late afternoon and evening.

Inspector Paul Thomas said: "These animals are recognised as posing a potential threat. People should take as much care as possible.

"We are investigating the criminal damage and the release of dangerous wild animals, which can carry a sentence in prison."

Naturalist and broadcaster Iolo Williams, the patron of the Wild Boar Trust said he has tracked wild boar in the Forest of Dean.

"They're fantastic animals, fascinating things. It's important I think that we remember they are a native animal. The Welsh princes used to hunt them so they're part of our heritage really," Mr Williams told BBC Radio Wales.

All you have to do is just open the door and off they go immediately. They do not want that contact with people”
End Quote
Iolo Williams He said people in and around Maesteg have nothing to worry about with the released boars on the loose.

"They have a bad reputation and I don't understand why," said Mr Williams. "They are very secretive, they are very shy and probably the first thing they'll do is they'll head for woodland cover.

"There's quite a bit of woodland up above and at the back of Maesteg there - forestry plantation and I'm pretty sure that's where people will find most of them."

He added: "They're fascinating animals and an important part of the woodland ecology as well. They turf up the woodland floor which helps new plants and flowers grow, which helps insects which helps birds."

Asked whether the wild boar can be a problem if they turn up in a garden, Mr Williams added: "All you have to do is just open the door and off they go immediately. They do not want that contact with people."

* _74479784_67463316.jpg (32.14 KB, 464x261 - viewed 718 times.)

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 01:06:32 PM »

Shocked  terrine hummmm
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 02:27:29 PM »

I thought this may appeal to you mon ami.

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
geordiefred

Bristol

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 04:03:15 PM »

" there could be a few less if any stray too close to Naps place "  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"
 You have to grow old, but growing up is entirely optional
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 08:44:43 AM »

Cheesy  going to Maesteg later on for a walk  Roll Eyes with my FAMAS
troutmasterfunk

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 08:48:17 AM »

Napoleon's hog roasts...?? Wink
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 04:54:41 PM »

Nap for Gods sake put that rifle away, I can see it from here Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal