Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you swap?  (Read 6215 times)
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 09:11:31 AM »

Well I`d like to propose you  take two men on a field  ,one with an F75 who can use it proficiently, and take the other with a Minelab SE or E trac  who can use it proficiently, and give them both exactly an hour to detect  on it .  My bet would be on the man with the F75 to come back with much more finds per hour than the SE ot E trac man will.
Aint got the F75 now but had one for three years ,and had an E trac and SE pro before that.

( note the word "proficiently " )
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 09:16:07 AM by Jeb » Logged

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
Pipster
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Minelab E-trac & Deus user

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 09:14:47 AM »

Hi Dusty , Try Nobby I know he uses one  Wink and loves it

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 09:46:25 AM »

I would agree with Jeb on the short term hunt result and I would take an F75 over the minelab on a rally any day. But extend this time period to a week when all the shallower and larger targets have been removed then I believe the result may be somewhat different as this is where the minelab comes into it's own.
Dusty

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 10:35:54 AM »

Hey chaps, thanks once again for the info..

So basically what we are saying is that the F75 doesn't match the SE for depth?

I suppose the million dollar question is how much depth is lost in comparison. I'm not a deep digger I must admit, maybe at the most 8" on one occasion I dug a big old 1916 one penny piece at just shy of 15" and for me that's a surprisingly shocking depth (I didn't know anything went that deep!)

I suppose at the end of the day it all comes down to how much depth is lost and do I want to trade off the loss of depth and poor discrim (pointed out by Bobby D) for simplicity, build quality and price.... head hurting!!  Huh
Jeb

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 04:04:17 PM »

I`d go out on a limb and say the Minelabs will go deeper because they will use the multi frequency  to choose a lower frequency  as and when the detector dictates the necessity to. But to get deep target you have to go slow, otherwise you`ll miss them,and going slower than normal adds up time at the end of the day. Time you could have been finding away with the F75.
 The New F75 with boost ,could narrow the distance of depth much less between the two now though but you`d again, have to slow down your `normal` detecting pace to get the depth.
Its all swings n roundabouts . The added bonus of the F75 is that its a great deal lighter and much better balanced . its a joy to use actually, and it was the hardest choice in the World I had to choose between the Deus and the F75 with boost.  I picked the latter on one primary reason. I was thinking ahead and knew If i came to have to sell iether of them at any point in time, I`d get a better return on the Deus than the F75.  and thats mainly because a lot of detectorists still associate the present F75 with the  Fishers of olde and consider them Iron finders.  Yopu`ll did very few bits of Iron with the F75 if you know how to use one properly. Some round washer type bits will creep through and that`ll go for 95% of  detectors out there .
 All in all I`d give the nod to the F75 with boost. But thats just my view.

Dusty

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 04:58:48 PM »

Thanks for the writeup Jeb, interesting and always good to get others thoughts!!

Gotta ask Jeb, do you print money for a living I mean a Deus!! That must kick ass!  Shocked
Jeb

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 07:13:22 PM »

It has some beautiful technology going for it ,plus lightness & balance. But no detector can kick ass unless the user of it, interprets correctly what the detector is telling them . Many top end detectors have the ability to produce whats underneath the ground. Its often the case though, that the users of these detectors fails to  read correctly what the detectors telling them through lack of expirience or understanding or havn`t got the correct settings  while detecting the land their on.  But inevitably the Detector gets the blame.  Grin

Dusty

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 09:18:03 PM »

But inevitably the Detector gets the blame.  Grin

Ha, so true!!!!
Dusty

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 09:40:09 AM »

Minelab don't do control boxes anymore  Huh

Quote from: Minelab Ireland
We do not supply replacement control boxes outside of full kits so I am unable to provide you with a quote for this.  We could offer to do a service on this but since water ingression has occurred it would be difficult to assess the damage without seeing the unit.  If you wish to send the unit in to the below address we can send a quote to you before carrying out any work (please specify this in the note) and we will await your decision.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal