Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: E trac wet sand  (Read 1607 times)
jondav

« on: November 12, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »

went to the beach on saturday with the e trac,first time out for a while,had several coins, but quite happy as I found a 9ct ring, the missus sold it for £15 ,but what I want to ask any E trac users out there,who use this machine on the beach,do they find that this detector can be stable on some beaches,while on others,it sounds off a lot,I,ve tried lowering the sens etc,but it does not make a big difference, I would think this to be normal,if it was,nt for the fact,that my other machine an explorer2 ,is silent and stable on all the beach sites,do these detectors differ so much in the way they handle wet sand.I am going to try a bit of "mix n match" ie I will try the explorer2 search head on the E trac,to see what happens,meantime if anyone has any thoughts or solutions please reply ,thanks jon
medieval man

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 04:51:21 PM »

mmm i use an e-trac, but not had the chance to visit many other beaches except my own local. And I have had interference from black sand at depth and thats about it.
sorry i can't help much more. But if its bleeps at ya, dig it. I did and found a gold gents ring last year and gold £320 for it, it was a monster of a ring.

It is my aim to locate history, one step at a time.
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 05:01:02 PM »

pm dances with badgers , he's the beach expert on here and he uses the etrac

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 06:30:24 PM »

when i first took my etrac to the beach i sometimes that it was knackered because i could go to a spot in the morning and run it at 28 sens with no falsing but then i could go back to exactly the same spot next day and it would be falsing all over the shop.thing was it was'nt falsing just there where loads more deep targets in range because sand had gone off that spot.
 i generally run my etrac at around 24 plus on the wet sand but sometimes have to cut sense down to 18.
 the etrac has done me proud last year .found a load of good stuff with it.check my posts.
 weldone on the first of many goldies,they are everywhere hiding.
 good luck
  mike Wink

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal