Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mixed bag  (Read 5086 times)
Jonnietaz

« on: November 07, 2015, 08:26:00 PM »

Hi all, managed a few hours this morning, new beach, and a few odds and sods, nice little 9ct gold band, very deep, couple of coins, happy with them, and the brass items, knobs ? sudgestions on a post card  please.

* IMAG0899.jpg (82.88 KB, 360x640 - viewed 1381 times.)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 09:13:16 PM »

Nicely done John. Lovely ring. Amazing how those old coppers come out of the sand.
That's a quality drawer knob, top right.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Jonnietaz

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 09:21:10 PM »

Hi Val, not much cleaning needed, this is a better photo for you, it's next to a modern penny.

* IMAG0897_1.jpg (61.79 KB, 640x418 - viewed 1330 times.)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 01:15:22 AM »

As I said, quality. Quit small, I wonder what it came off.

nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 03:29:04 PM »

I think it could be a ear taper..... Undecided........why do people do that to their ears Huh

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 04:39:06 PM »

Ear taper?

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 06:20:17 PM »

,.............................................ORRIBLE !!.........👎............................!!!!!😬!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:14:01 PM by dingdong » Logged
wittsy1

Where am I?

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 06:06:41 AM »

Interesting finds. What is a ear taper
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 06:22:23 AM »

Interesting finds. What is a ear taper
It's one of those long pointed studs that you see some of the youngsters wearing in their lugs, the sort of thing that would drive you mad if you had one !
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 08:41:56 AM »

Showing my age, I had to look them as well wittsy. I can see why nobby thought about them but I couldn't find one anything like it.
Must admit it is tiny but it could be of a box rather than a drawer.

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 09:39:20 AM »

Just out of interest - how deep is 'very deep'?

I've had no luck on the few occasions I've tried beach detecting (20p from three trips) - I usually do inland detecting, so very deep is about a foot for me Smiley
Jonnietaz

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 10:02:09 AM »

Hi probono, depth was atleast a foot, shingle, then clay, really good 12.33 signal on etrac, as for the brass item, I think it may be a fancy knob from an old ship, pre 1900, as it was found by an old dock for suppling light houses, just a idea, will investigate a bit more.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 10:16:57 AM »

I've had no luck on the few occasions I've tried beach detecting (20p from three trips) - I usually do inland detecting, so very deep is about a foot for me Smiley

I have been doing beach detecting for a couple of years now and found that some days can be totally luckless and others can be quit rewarding. Which beaches did you try? Did you do any research for the beaches that you detected? There have been times when the target was actually in the side wall of the hole and I thought it was very deep. But then again, I have had targets that I gave up on after 18"!

Even on the days when few rewards are forthcoming; clues and information concerning the beach can be gleaned from the hours spent sifting the sands.  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Jonnietaz

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 10:37:10 AM »

Just local beaches down here in Pembrokeshire, beaches can be funny old things, one day 2 p and junk, the next time, three rings within ten feet, I said the ring was deep, because of the iron that was around it, and as it's only 9ct, and thin, it gave a cracking sound.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 03:00:14 PM »

I have been doing beach detecting for a couple of years now and found that some days can be totally luckless and others can be quit rewarding. Which beaches did you try? Did you do any research for the beaches that you detected? There have been times when the target was actually in the side wall of the hole and I thought it was very deep. But then again, I have had targets that I gave up on after 18"!

Even on the days when few rewards are forthcoming; clues and information concerning the beach can be gleaned from the hours spent sifting the sands.  Wink

I don't get much chance to detect on beaches - I'm usually there with my children / wife / all of them. Last time I went to Barry Island, but took my boy - I have to spend more time keeping an eye on him so he doesn't end up swept away / carted off (he's a bit lively) than detecting.

I've also detected at Ogmore (that's where I found the 20p), but as I've said, if the missus is with me then it's a no detecting day (she frowns on it).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal