Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The leaving of Talacre  (Read 4718 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: October 27, 2015, 08:56:45 PM »

With the financial wolf never far from our door and times are no longer easy; we are upping stix and moving the static caravan from Talacre to Rhyl. I shall miss the dawn detecting sessions and the many characters that I have met here, but hopefully I will be able to put in the odd detecting sessions on the beach that I have come to know so well.

Next stop Rhyl and Splash Point.  Wink

* The leaving of Talacre 01.jpg (252.38 KB, 377x554 - viewed 742 times.)

* The leaving of Talacre 03.jpg (121.17 KB, 371x520 - viewed 729 times.)

* The leaving of Talacre 04.jpg (156.74 KB, 361x535 - viewed 854 times.)

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Richie sixpence

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 12:00:00 PM »

Hi Chris
Good luck with the move and detecting at splashpoint and Rhyl I'm sure you will return to Talacre it has many attractions  Wink.

All the very best Richie sixpence  Smiley

All the best Richie sixpence Wink

"All that glitters is not gold" but hopefully!!!
Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
And hopefully a lot of good luck
Member of, NCMD
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 03:42:55 PM »

Ta Richie,
                  I will still be returning to Talacre and following up on some of my research. As you know, the darned place can be a heart breaker and then at other time it can throw up the most surprising finds. I put in a couple of hours yesterday but only managed one Queen Elizabeth ship halfpenny, some .303 projectiles, and a bag of copper jackets off 50 cals.

I have got a Nel Snake coil and a lower shaft arriving for the Safari tomorrow, so I will be able to attack one or two areas where the stock coil proves to be too large to get into.

Spent all morning packing things away ready for the van to be transported and will be calling back at the site on Sunday, to pay the £600 extraction fee. Luckily, the van is being transported free of charge by the new site and we will be saving £1000 a year on site fees.

Will pm you asap.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 07:16:25 PM »

Always sad when you come to the end of a chapter in your life.  Still Rhyl isn't a million miles away. You can go visit occasionally.  Don't know how you'll get on with the early mornings though.

I'm sure you'll find the beaches a bit further north just as interesting.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 07:52:51 PM »

It's going to feel strange not falling out of bed and walking down to the beach through the dunes at dawn. I remember detecting a patch of scrubland, one winter morning, with frost on the coil.The whole place often fealt haunted; in a friendly sort of way.

Just ordered the very small Nel Snake coil for the Safari, and I may even be able to get Santa to bring me an Ultimate! I hope that you are getting the hang of that Deus now Val, and reducing the ammount of iron that you have been digging. I see that a lot of people are switching to the Deus but when Dungbeetle let me have a quick go of his, I didn't feel too comfortable with it. Not knocking the machine though.

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 12:08:10 AM »

I must admit Chris the more gold coins and hammies I find the more I like the Deus  Grin Roll Eyes

Seriously though, yes I am getting used to it now and can usually tell the iron and hot rock sounds but it still catches me out when it can.
That Ultimate coil is a real winner, I'm sure you'll love it. heavy though. I have  a NEL Sharpshooter and I'd swear by it on contaminated ground. It really splits the signals.  Best of luck with yours.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 06:33:48 PM »

When I was still using the Garrett EuroAce, I was swaping and changing between the stock coil, a Nel Tornado, and a Garrett Sharp Shooter; all depending on what terrane I was working. The Sharp Shooter got me into all sorts of tight spots and the Tornado certainly speeded up ground coverage.

The Snake, at 6.5 X 3.5 is perhaps considerably smaller, but I have some plans for it and hopefully it will come up trumps on a section of beach that I have designes on.  Wink

dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 08:06:14 PM »

Well Mr Chris, I expect that by now you are settling in to your comfortable abode in new surroundings.
I hope that it wasn't to stressful, I'm sure you will find that once truly settled in you will be out there detecting to your full contentment.
Good luck,and may good fortune and good health be yours.👍
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 01:46:21 PM »

Nope; not yet m8. Heading down the coast tomorrow to make the final arrangements with both sites. From there on in it's anyone's guess as to when we can move back into the van, but we should be in pretty soon, we hope.

Beach detecting is on hold for the moment, but I may get a day on one of my permissions. I'm also thinking of chasing up a couple of possible permissions next week.   

dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 05:43:34 PM »

Well Mr Chris, good fortune on all frontst Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal