Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why not me???  (Read 2023 times)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« on: December 04, 2012, 10:54:03 PM »

Has any one/ everyone seen this....we can dream but I have to admit that if I got the signal that big I may think "Iron" and just move on Undecided

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-20594096
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 11:14:18 PM »

Same here Geoff. I often think we should dig everything but hells teeth we'd be there all day doing a good job for the farmer. Shocked   One part of the new fields I'm visiting as just solid iron signals. I can't move more than 2inches with getting another one.
Wonder how helmets there are there   Grin

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »

Same here Geoff. I often think we should dig everything but hells teeth we'd be there all day doing a good job for the farmer. Shocked   One part of the new fields I'm visiting as just solid iron signals. I can't move more than 2inches with getting another one.
Wonder how helmets there are there   Grin

Val

Your right Val and Geof ..It would be impossible to dig all metal but it does remind me of Civiil War Battlefield at Marsden Moor ,where a rally took place a few years ago ...To get on to the Royalist campsite we had pass through an area of heavily infested iron to reach the cleaner part of field...On the last day we pulled up on site and noticed a big throng of detectorists looking into a hole on the iron infested area with a couple guys digging and shouting i have another one every so often ..You guessed it  Grin ahoard of civil war coins had come from an area that hundreds including  me and my mate had walked over and ignored , Grin Grin
galoshers

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 03:59:52 PM »

he was lucky there were some bones inside to give it some credence otherwise it could have rejected as just an old pi$$pot or some inconsequential tat .
i once found a copper cooking pot along with a load of onion bottles from early 17th and the museum declared it was modern !so they dont always get it right .
a mate found a jacobean diamond ring and one expert said it was a viccy forgery and junk.now its in the london museum and he got 25,000 grand for it 30 years ago

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 08:09:18 PM »

Well I followed your recent advice about the 'numbers' that show up on - and it has certainly paid off - the last 'nice' coin I found came up far nearer nails than 'hammered'

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal