Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Save Money On Paypal Zero Commission  (Read 7284 times)
The Ferret

« on: July 23, 2012, 03:35:08 PM »

Hi All
If anyone is selling bit n bobs and want to save a bit of Commission have a chat with the buyer and offer to sell but request payment as Gift this transaction will not incur any Commission  Wink
TF

Tombs
Rally attendee

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »

crafty cheers mate Smiley
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 10:15:25 PM »

They are monitoring this and suspending suspect accounts.

It can take some time and effort to then get it sorted.

relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 06:14:55 AM »

Gift payments are exactly that, if a buyer pays that way they are not covered by any problems with a transaction.

The seller could accept the gift payment and then go crying to Ebay they had not been paid for the transaction and the buyer has not got a leg to stand on

Result the buyer loses there money and does not receive there goods

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 10:42:31 AM »

Yes, you are correct there, Shaun.

But they are also monitoring sellers who are having the goods paid for by "Gift" and are suspending these accounts.

You may get away with it for some time, but I know a seller whom it took ages to release his money from the account!

relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 12:15:27 PM »

I do not think many buyers would agree to pay through the gift option anyway

A little trick i do on high value items for example a metal detector at £500 (paypal fees would be around £20)

Is offer free postage if paying by cheque which is an accepted payment method,so Ebay can not do anything about it  Grin

The problem i believe is in future Ebay will only have paypal as a payment method so there have you both ways

I rarely sell on Ebay now a days, they have just got to greedy

Listing fees charged if you start the item at a decent fair price

10% of the final selling price

Payapl fees of the final selling price costing around 4.5 %

Only buyers can leave negative feedback, sellers just have to  leave positive feedback and grit there teeth

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »

Yes, you've summed it up there.

I am starting to look at other ways of selling now as the fees have become stupid.

I always look to buy on E Bay but selling (auction), from now on, I will give a miss.

Maybe an "advert" with buyer paying cash on collection is the way on there now?

They've become greedy and it'll be interesting to see if it affects their profits.

Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 01:27:32 PM »

now im no money expert but this sounds like a great way to print money , zero stock , not to many staff ,

.......................................and they still hike the fees  Angry Angry Angry Angry

eBay just posted strong second quarter earnings, reporting that revenue for quarter ended June 30, 2011, increased 25 percent to $2.8 billion, compared to the same period of 2010. Non-GAAP net income came in at $630.9 million, or $0.48 per diluted share. GAAP Net-income actually decreased in the quarter ($283.4 million, or $0.22 per diluted share), a 31 percent drop from the same quarter in 2010. This is related to the charges from the $2.4 billion purchase of GSI Commerce, which closed in June. Analysts expected $0.46 cents per share on $2.6 billion in revenue.

PayPal, once again helped buoy eBay’s business. PayPal’s net total payment volume (TPV) grew 34% to $28.7 billion in the second quarter of 2011 compared to the same period of last year. PayPal, which hit 100 million users in the quarter, delivered its first-ever billion dollar revenue quarter, thanks to strength in the Merchant Services business as well as increased penetration on eBay. PayPal expects more than $3 billion in mobile TPV this year, compared to $750 million in 2010.

As expected by analysts, eBay marketplace business also saw a resurgence in growth, with gross merchandise volume excluding vehicles (GMV) increasing by 17% year over year to $14.7 billion. GMV in the U.S. increased 14% year over year and international GMV increased 19% year over year, resulting from growth in Europe and improved performance in Korea. The company remains on track to double eBay’s mobile GMV including vehicles to over $4 billion in 2011.

PayPal is actually closing in on eBay marketplaces segment in terms of revenue. Marketplaces posted $1.6 billion in revenue, whereas PayPal posted $1.07 billion in revenue for the quarter. GSI brought in $23.8 million to revenue from the period of June 17 to June 30.

eBay CEO and President John Donahoe said in the release: Second quarter revenue and earnings were strong, with PayPal surpassing 100 million active registered accounts and reporting its first billion-dollar revenue quarter, and eBay growth in the U.S. accelerating…We also strengthened our portfolio in Q2 with acquisitions that we believe will more broadly position us to enable the future of commerce. We will partner with retailers of all sizes to help them grow in a rapidly shifting, technology-driven multichannel commerce environment, and we will help consumers shop and pay anytime, anywhere, any way.

eBay has been acquiring companies left and right and in the past few months has picked up Zong, Magento, Fig Card and Where.

For the third quarter, eBay expects net revenues in the range of $2.85 to $2.95 billion with GAAP earnings per diluted share in the range of $0.37 to $0.38 and non-GAAP earnings per diluted share in the range of $0.46 to $0.47. eBay expects net revenues in the range of $11.3 to $11.6 billion with GAAP earnings per diluted share in the range of $2.41 to $2.44 and non-GAAP earnings per diluted share in the range of $1.97 to $2.00.

From the earnings call:
■Donohoe starts the call by saying in the new retail world, consumers expect a seamless experience across platforms and stores. The competitive advantage is the ability to connect with consumers, anytime, anywhere. We enable consumers to get what they want, when they want it, and how they want it. We’re playing offense.
 ■ PayPal serves 9 million merchants worldwide. The merchants services business now accounts for tw-thirds of PayPal’s TPV.
 ■ Eight million people are now using PayPal mobile.
■PayPal will roll out a point of sale integration with a major retailer in 2011. In the first half of 2012, eBay expects to expand point of sale integrations to 20 national retailers
 ■eBay mobile apps have been downloaded more than 45 million times.
■eBay is on track to double mobile GMV to $4 billion

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Geordie-Wolf
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 08:24:19 PM »

Ebay arghhh dont get me going..... a few months ago ebay emailed me to say I wasnt selling a high enough percentage of my items and kept re-listing them (obviously cos i was trying to sell them) apparently they considered this "search and browse manipulation"Huh? and said i needed to list for longer periods and as "buy it now" (more expensive).

Two days ago I tried to list about 30 bits and bobs as buy it now on their reccomendations it listed four then came back saying you are prevented from listing more than four buy it now items until you register as a business???

I emailed them and asked them to clarify as i am not a business and they said I should have sold more items as auction first - seems like catch22!!!!

I dont think they want any private or small time sellers any more basically and are making it as hard as possible for the few left to stay registered  Angry
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 07:47:48 PM »

sounds about right the robbin b#st@rds Undecided

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
addedomaros
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 10:57:20 PM »

Ebay are like any other Company in the world, trying to make money. IMO they are still the cheapest option for a worldwide market. Try buying at any auction house in the UK & buyer's fee ranges from 17% up to 22.5% plus they get seller's fees as well! Paypal only take 3.4% + 20p so, with eBay fees, no more than around 14%.

Think if you try to offer free postage with cheque payment you'll fall foul of their T&C which states you that all payment methods have to be equal (roughly).

I've never had a problem selling anything & start at 95p regardless of value; swings & roundabouts as some go way over actual value & a few fall short. Geordie, if you kept on having to re-list then you were asking too much for the item. If it gets seen worldwide & no-one wants it then surely it's too expensive?
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 05:49:00 AM »

not always the case of being too expensive,just too much competition.i have made thousands off ebay in the past but they slung us off for suspected money laundering then would not even speak to us about it to get it sorted out.they tell you to drop your starting bids then tell you they think your laundering money for stolen goods cos the prices are too cheap,they have you by the short an curlies because they own paypal and dont like it when you try to get payed by other means,bully boy tactics .
 they need a serious competitor as a rival so they cant go around acting like god and bulliyng peeps

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal