T2 vs GMP

(1/2) > >>

hedgehog:
Just wondering how the 2 detectors compare? I use the T2 and I am very happy with it , I have noticed that someone has both machines (Simon c) and would be interested to hear any comments on the machines.

simon c:
 ;DNot sure that i would be able to compare both T2 and GMP with each other Steve,but i will try and explain my experience of the two.The main reason for buying the two is that they are completely different detectors and all though you can draw similarities the aplication of the detectors produces different results,the T2 is a mid range 13 khz machine and i find this is the best inland general perpous detector i have used,it is great on arable and pasture for small and large finds and allthough not the deepest detector it does gain a resonable depth,the GMP which is a 18khz ,is not in my opinion as good an all round detector but does excell in the specific task's that it was designed for i.e fast recovery speed in iron infested area's,very sensitive on small thin finds like broken fragments of hammereds.
The GMP in its auto setting will find less coke than the T2,but with practice you can learn the signal readings and ignore them,this is the main area i have exprienced differnces,when useing the T2 first,on one site which was coke and iron infested i failed to find a singal hammered coin,while going back over the site with the GMP i found the only hammered off the site,could be a million reasons why that happend but i feel it was down to the machines,or my interpitation of the information they gave.
I allso own and use an old Fisher 1265x which is a low 4.5khz machine,bycovering the 3 main frequencies i think i have coverd all bases  ::) thats the theory anyway.I did own 3 different minelabs and i can honestly say that i did not find half as many finds as with the higher singal frequency machines,but did gain greater depths.
Hope this helps answer some of yous questions Steve.
Ps where do i get a decent spell checker ?

hedgehog:
Ever put them up against the explorers? ;D

simon c:
Yes i owned an Explorer xs when i first bought the T2,other than depth theres no gain in the explorer,,can happily say i  have found more find's especially silver since owning the T2 and the GMP's not far behind. ;D

trys:
Having never used a GMP i can't really comment, but I would not part with my T2. I've owned quite a few detectors includind a white's mxt which was a good machine, but like Simon the T2 has found me loads more than any of the others!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page