Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: joining a club? oswestry/welshpool/newtown area  (Read 6092 times)
yoda78
Rally attendee

« on: September 06, 2010, 11:12:43 PM »

there is either no room or just no clubs, what do you do? i have the time to be in the club and help out a bit, but cant run the club because the mrs would divorce me! have spoken to wrexham, full and to far. welshpool spoke to the organiser, let him down at the last minute, apolgised no reply. oswestry nothing at all! ah well at least there's rallies
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 07:42:19 AM »

Hi Yoda

I cant for the life of me think why clubs put a limit on there numbers.
Having a healthy flow of money coming into the club via Memberships,Raffle,s etc means the club can do a lot more for its members.
But i think more importantly an healthy flow of new members and new ideas can only benefit the clubs membership, Everyones a Winner !

In my club RARE we dont have a limit on memberships and no matter how many members we,ve got, only a percentage are full time members,
some members you see now and again and some join then think Detecting,s not for them and are never seen again.
its all a part of life's rich tapestry .
The fact your are looking to join clubs in your area thats full might mean theres room for another one !

Im hoping to join a Join a club in West Wales with a limit on its membership soon.
I hope they can see id be an asset to the club and let me in lol

all the best
Phil Jones

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:10:55 PM by PHIL YNYSBOETH » Logged
JohnF

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 09:01:27 PM »

Hi Mike, Welcome to the forum!. There are 2 clubs based in Wrexham, Im with the wrexham Heritage society but we have a limit of 35 members, which at present is full, but if you were willing to travel that far you could put your name on the waiting list, To be honest the majority of our club digs are around the Oswestry area, with a few a bit further afield. one of our members is from Llanddudno.
The reason for limiting the membership with our club is that they feel it makes it more difficult to obtain land for club digs if ther are too many members.
Pity about the Welshpool club, would of been ideal for you, maybe if you wring your cap to them they may have a change of heart.
John.

You wont find a thing if you aint got that swing.
yoda78
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 10:58:01 PM »

thanks very much phil will do thanks for that!
hey john me old mucker, I'm 15 miles from os which is 15 miles or so from wrexham even if i did put my name down its to far for me to travel for the meetings (60 mile rnd trip). i must say and no reflection on yourself of course but they state that they want members from the wrexham area, but hold digs around os, which doesn't seem fair to me from the point of border crossing, i understand when you've said to me about the numbers issue and club digs though but it does seem slightly elitist. anyways I'm more bothered about the fact that I'm from os theres no club cant the club do like a diversionary wing for a few extra members? namely me lol that way i can come on the digs around os and not have to travel to the darkside, it would be a different kettle of fish if the mrs would move but thats just dreamin. anyways we will have to go out detecin in a few weeks after the ww rally! see you soon mate and thanks for the welcome. mike
sodbuster
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 02:15:29 PM »

Hi Yoda ,
                It may sound a bit strange , but try contacting the Crewe and Nantwich club , they do a lot of detecting around Oswestry and Ruyton X1 towns , shropshire area . Colin Sharrat is the man to contact
yoda78
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 08:08:31 PM »

ooo ta very much alan, thanks for that!
vince
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 08:19:17 PM »

mike, as stated there are two clubs in Wrexham.I'm in the Wrexham Metal Detecting Club.We have no limit on numbers,and are a very friendly bunch.We meet the first Wednesday of every month in the Acton community hall,Acton,Wrexham.Either contact me for directions,or just turn up at 8pm.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal