Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
Today at 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clubs and that?!? im confuzzled!  (Read 3986 times)
Grifflaa
Rally attendee

« on: January 06, 2010, 01:33:50 PM »

Hi All,

I have numerous questions about clubs, rallies and memberships that need answers...so thinking caps on!

1. I live in cwmbran, and would like to join a club, which is closest?

2. If i join a club does that mean i get to go on the rallies of that club only or all clubs?

3. Do i also need to be a member of the NCMD to join these clubs and go on rallies?

Thanks all! looking forward to getting out there with you when the snow melts!

Griff

if at first you dont succeed, sweep sweep again!
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 01:52:40 PM »

Phil hope you dont mind me jumping on this but can I just say that when you do join a club usually the fid or ncmd is taken care of by the club you join (in your membership fee).  just clarifying it thats all hope you dont mind scrap that richy beat me to it lol
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »

HI Paul & lisa in this case you are correct as Griff would be a new member but that not saying he couldnt have been already a FID or NCMD member.

We have a lot of members of other clubs joining us and some are NCMD members thats not a problem as long as there Membership is up to date

All FID members get a renewal letter from Colin Hanson FID Swansea in December so most would have rejoined then
In that case Members rejoining Rare only pay the Club £10 for full years Detecting with us
Ive had my FID since the end of December BTW this years free gift is a flashy FID pen lol

hope this makes sence lol

all the best
Phil
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 04:56:16 PM »

Makes perfect sense Phil lol
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 05:04:33 PM »

Hi Griffla

There is also the option of Cardiff SCAN Club which has its next meeting on Wednesday 13th January and every second Wednesday of the month there after. We have around 100 members and I believe it is the longest established club in Wales at over 30 years (someone correct me if I am wrong}. We hold about ten or more rallies a year at the moment which are open to members only and are £5 on the day (the next Rally is on Sunday 17th January} - which as a member you could attend if you wanted to. We run the occasional coach trip to National Rallies each year. RARE tend to hold a lot more coach trips if its detecting over the bridge you are after.

As a SCAN member you also get access to around 20 Club sites mainly in the Vale of Glamorgan to detect on at your leisure - you just need to check with the farmer on some of them first - but thats rarely a problem. On joining you receive an A4 book with all the maps in. The club land has been used for a long time, but still regularly produces hammered, Roman, etc. Also free insurance in your membership fee.

Joining a club made a huge difference to my detecting and resulted in several long standing friendships.

Heres the link: www.cardiffscanclub.co.uk

Hope that helps

Neil
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:06:43 PM by Neil » Logged

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 03:47:40 PM »

hi griff....i'm sure you will find it beneficial to be a club member...as regards other rallies....there are many organisations...ie..weekend warriors,leisure promotions and many more..who run rallies during the year and charge from a tenner to twenty quid per day.....they mostly advertise in the detecting mags and sometimes online.....there is no shortage of rallies, especially if you want to try your luck in england.....being in a club you will be able to "car share" thus helping the old expenses too......good luck..... Wink....byron

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal