Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detecting In The Rain  (Read 2296 times)
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« on: April 09, 2009, 07:42:16 AM »

I am waiting for the rain to stop. Does the weather stop other people or do you just put a coat on and get on with it? Any special things you do to detect on a rainy day?
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 08:31:14 AM »

Hello :)Jonola/Jon I try not to detect in the rain these due to my arthritis  also I ruined one of my previous detectors a laser B1 high power when the rain got inside it  expensive mistake if you must go out in the rain I think you use a quattro which is one of the models I own at present after plugging in the headphones wrap a plastic carrier bag over the headphone to machine connection this will also conceal the battery door and also cover the control box but this time with a clear plastic bag of the sandwhich variety so you can see the display and controls don,nt rely on custom covers to keep the rain out of your control box better safe than sorry finally make sure you,ve got adequate clothing on you don,nt want arthritis Sad good luck :)mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
onehorseAl( Al)

FID,Explorer !! & Deus User

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 09:25:30 AM »

Hi Jonola,Detecting in the rain,sleet snow is Ok providing you dont mind the weather and that you take adequate precautions to avoid water ingress to your detector control box.
Al Smiley Smiley

Let the world go away 'cos I'm Bleeping today.
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »

It went from light drizzle to torrential downpour so discretion being the better part of valour I watched John Wayne in The Alamo instead. I wonder what the weather was like for Kev in Tenby  Roll Eyes
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 12:18:56 AM »

detect in the rain?...only if it's light drizzle..... Wink...i'm a fine weather detectorist thanks !!.... Grin....byron

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
Debbie

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 09:32:02 AM »

I agree with Byron - I'm very much a fine weather girl !!   Shocked I have a Whites underwater machine for the beach - not used underwater, just in the shallows and during the winter when a downpour is very likely, but I wouldn't use the Minelab in the rain, even with plastic bags.  A fried circuit board is a very expensive day out!!  I am sure it cannot be that costly for any of the manufacturers to bring out land-based detectors that are fully waterproof - they must all know what the British weather is like by now Cheesy
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 09:35:39 AM »

With work a day off is a rarity so when it rains on that day it can be a while before another chance arises. I need to win the lottery.
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 09:42:25 AM »

Fine weather for me too, if I see a cloud that's anything but pure white my detector stays in its bag.

Debbie you're quite right, it wouldn't be difficult to make detectors totally waterproof but I suppose it's not in the manufacturers interests...."you use 'em in the rain and fry 'em we'll repair it or sell you a new one". Sad   

Richy.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal