WHICH IS THE BEST METAL DETECTOR IN THE WORLD???

<< < (17/17)

dances with badgers:
lol your right john

probono:
Quote from: joross on October 22, 2013, 07:28:29 PM

Everyone seems to say Deus or T2 but what about my TEJON??

Hmm. I've got both of those, and have an ETRAC (had an SE Pro before that). All have been over the same field (although the Deus has only been over it after it's been hammered to be fair and I'm still learning that one).

Results? I didn't find anything with the SE Pro for a few years, then I switched to the T2 and found a lot of roman plus one hammered. Switched back to SE Pro - found 20 hammered that I had missed (ignored?) on the T2 plus more roman and a partial bronze age axe. Recently I got the E-TRAC (after the field went quiet) - a couple of buttons - with the Deus - one non-ferrous item (a couple of links from something).

Impression? The detectorist made a difference (the T2 was easy to learn, so that's why I started to find stuff) - changing the coil on the SE (I think) made a big difference (although the first hammered was found without the Ultimate coil) - the ETRAC and Deus - a bit harsh on them as the field is now very quiet, though I did manage to find a roman with the ETRAC.

ETRAC / Deus comparison (on mainly pasture so far) - like the fact with the Deus that I can go out in pretty much all weathers and still hear what I am detecting (as the headphones are nicely tucked away), but much prefer the target id on the ETRAC (indeed prefer the target id on this over the SE Pro and earlier ones). On the Deus I also like the folding away mechanism, and it currently seems more robust than the T2 (although I'm not selling my T2 at anytime soon - it's currently helping me get land in Yorkshire :) - if I was doing a 'Park' rally and coin shooting I'd currently want to use my E-TRAC.

Of course this is only my opinion - and I've yet to have a chance to compare them on ploughed (to be honest one of the reasons I got a Deus).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page