Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: permission to detect  (Read 1422 times)
glynkid

« on: January 02, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »

Do you have difficulty to obtain permission to get sites to detect on  I have aprrox 98 Percent sucsess rate
All done mainley over the telephone
After  hearing your comments I will reveal to you a way tohelp you I hope Smiley Smiley

glyn kid
Whiteduke

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 02:23:10 PM »

Will you need my bank details? Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:42:25 PM »

Well I have to admit I've got permission to detect on most of my nearby farms. I visited them as I think personal contact is most important. They like to see who they're dealing with and so would I in the same position. I have thought that being an old lady helps. After all what harm can I do. Roll Eyes
 I've only phoned one and I got a very good response but then we are nearly next door neighbours and have friends in common.
Most of these fields were obtained before I'd done any research and unfortunately have proved to be very poor in finds. So have the fields I researched  Cry

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Whiteduke

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 03:54:32 PM »

I never feel comfortable ringing up a farm ,its like cold calling,and if the farmers anything
like me he`s guna put the phone down.

i do occasionally have a purge on letter sending,i have had varied success with this method
i get about 3 replies in 5 ,both positive and negative.

My problem is the same as Val`s  its the quality that im lacking ,i have plenty of permissions
but im not finding a lot.

maybe it`s me Cry

i look forward to your help post glynkid
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 04:14:33 PM »

I haven't had much success - but as the farmer whose land I detect on said to me - if he didn't know the person asking for permission, he wouldn't given them permission and probably say that he already has someone detecting on his land (as I have heard said to me).

I'm hoping though that he might put in a good word about me to other farmers he knows and this might break the ice enough for me to be able to get permission on those farms.
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 05:09:16 PM »

I find mentioning the names of farmers I have permission for really helps. Most of these chaps
know other local farmers as they often socialize out of working hours.

Since starting detecting I've come to know lots of farmers and some are good friends now, not just permissions.
You can understand their reticence at first for obvious reasons but show them that you have experience with some of
their contemporaries and most of the boys will give you a chance.
I think the secret is to 'talk to them'. Don't just turn up with a sales pitch.. They probably hear this approach all the time in
business. Be friendly, talk about how the weather's affecting their crop, mention experiences that your other farmers are having
with coping with this awful weather. Once you get into a conversation, you'll find their like any other businessman and have the welfare
of their livelihood to consider, so show them you understand and respect their position, be that a 'yea or a nay'. A word of thanks for listening,
goes a long way in how your perceived if you approach again in the future.

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
galoshers

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 05:18:57 PM »

how about if you offer to do some pest control for them in return ?
thats assuming they have pests that need controling and you have the weapons to do it  for them.
most farmers have trouble with crows ,pigeons, magpies and foxes at certain times -and not forgetting grey squirrels
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 10:13:59 PM »

Personally, I only ever shoot clay or paper target, never living things but I do understand that these pests can cause problems for farmer
especially during lambing. So, offering to help will surely go toward them agreeing to your request. I offer a free detecting service if they lose
anything whilst out in the fields. I also make sure I have contact details (tel) number of farm so if I see any problems I can report it. Effectively I offer
to be a spare pair of eyes around their land.

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal