Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cardigan bay beaches 3 day stint  (Read 1995 times)
sellos
Rally attendee

« on: February 22, 2011, 11:12:43 AM »

spent 3 days detecting between aberystwth and fairbourne with an etrac averaging 7 hours per day,got  £12.46 in current money,one shilling 1966,one shilling 1955,two old pennies, one 1976 50p,and one silver earing,struggled to find any hard pack on all the beaches,i think to do these beaches successfully you need to be there after a serious storm,i have been detecting since the end of august and still have yet to find any gold,getting a bit dejected but reading dancing with wolves report stating he didnt find any gold for the first 8 months of detecting has gave me new hope,
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 12:38:43 PM »

dont give up.perseverance will pay off,everytime ur at the beach u are learning a bit about it.all the so called experts ( mostly americans ) will tell you that the gold is only at the low tide mark, thats b#ll#cks.when the conditions are right they are all over the place.i only found 1 at low tide mark the rest were from about half way down the beach .look for black sand or shale about 6'' under the sand.the dry sand will be o.k too in the summer were people have been digging holes with their kids and sunbathing. it is very disheartning when you hear of others doing well and your not but keep at it and the rings will come,not just rings either all sorts of stuff.if you can try and get hold of some articles by a guy called willy the wizard.he made a fortune off welsh beaches back when nobody was doing it. just remember the finds are there,maybe they are just out of range this time but the next time you go bingo.1 good day can make up for 20 bad ones
 good luck ,mike
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:29:30 PM by dances with badgers » Logged

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal