Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New coil  (Read 3612 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: December 03, 2015, 08:55:14 PM »

I slowly managed to persuade the wife that I should at least test the new 13" Detech Ultimate coil before Christmas and obtained her permission to put in a morning'a beach detecting with said coil fitted to the Safari. I had to wait until Wednesday for a half decent break in the weather before I could get down to Talacre to see how the pair would perform together.

First impressions were good and I was impressed with the ease of fitting the coil. The pigtail in the coil is a little slimmer than those on the MineLab stock coil and the Nel Snake, thus allowing threading the wire through the shaft easier. No need for bits of string or cord to do the threading and the the shaft telescoped far smoother than with the other two coils fitted.

Initially, the little extra weight didn't feel to be to much of a problem but after six hours swinging the detector on the sands at Talacre the right arm was feeling just a little strained. Unfortunately, the recent high tides and strong winds had piled up sand on some of the areas that I intended exercising the new combination on. I had the Safari set up with all metals cross saved to coin and jewellery, with sensitivity on auto and threshold just audible. Strong winds and windblown sand added a little to the extra energy needed to keep the the coil constantly swinging close to the sand.

First impressions are that the coil is a wee bit more sensitive than the stock coil and it also gives some extra depth on the beach. It consistently flagged up small copper shrapnel pieces as being ring pulls or possible rings and I soon chose to ignore those signals for the time being; despite the danger of missing a ring or two! Iron was identified accurately with the exception of iron filled, copper jacketed, .50 cal projectiles that came up consistently with indications of 38/39 and high tones; as did .303 brass cartridge cases.

I think I am going to love this coil and I am looking forward to using it on a clean beach and swinging it over my permissions to see if it can winkle out anything that I have missed with the stock coil and the EuroAce/Nel Tornado combination.   

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Cymro

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 07:10:32 AM »

Glad you're liking the new coil - you'd better get it back to the North Pole PDQ so Santa's elves can wrap it up ready for delivery on Christmas Day  Wink

I've got a DD coil for the DFX but it's difficult learning to trust it - I'm always wondering if it's as 'good' as the standard polo but of course there's no way of testing them side by side.

Had a look at the weather and the times of the tides but neither were ideal for me. Looking ahead though, Boxing Day is looking promising - good tide swing and a decent time of day. Don't fancy 'beach-hawking' with a head-torch - daylight hours only for me these days.

I used to start work at stupid times - my traffic monkeys would book me in for deliveries in Stevenage at 07:00 but my mate flatly refused to start work at 02:30, saying that only owls and prostitutes worked at night . . .   Cheesy

Suited me OK - I could be home just after lunch  Wink
Greg

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 10:18:41 AM »

You missed out burglars.👹👻
Cymro

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 10:25:47 AM »

You missed out burglars.👹👻

I did. But I was only quoting what he said.

Then again, is burglary a work activity? Prostitutes are classed as 'sex industry workers' now, legitimising the oldest profession. Or so I'm told . . .  Roll Eyes  Grin
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 05:10:18 PM »

Glad you're liking the new coil - you'd better get it back to the North Pole PDQ so Santa's elves can wrap it up ready for delivery on Christmas Day  Wink

Had a look at the weather and the times of the tides but neither were ideal for me. Looking ahead though, Boxing Day is looking promising - good tide swing and a decent time of day. Don't fancy 'beach-hawking' with a head-torch - daylight hours only for me these days.

Well, I managed to wangle permission to take the coil out again on Monday; just to see how it performs on pasture and then it will be assigned to Santa's sack!

I'm not keen on night detecting on the beach either. I once lost my Garrett ProPointer at Talacre and had to go back to search for it in the dark. I hadn't realised just how spooky that place is after sunset.  Shocked

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Cymro

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 08:55:24 PM »

Well, I managed to wangle permission to take the coil out again on Monday; just to see how it performs on pasture and then it will be assigned to Santa's sack!

Never had toys on approval when ah were a lad . . .  Wink Or even saw them before Christmas Day (obviously, cos everyone knew that Santa brought them . . . )
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 09:29:18 PM »

awsome coils,good choice,mine hits thin gold rings at over a foot  Wink

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
troutmasterfunk

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 10:49:42 AM »

It used too lol been a while me badger lol😁🙄👍
Richie sixpence

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 12:43:31 PM »

The Lighthouse is haunted Chris  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

All the best Richie

All the best Richie sixpence Wink

"All that glitters is not gold" but hopefully!!!
Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
And hopefully a lot of good luck
Member of, NCMD
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 12:54:48 PM »

So they tell me m8 but I haven't yet, "knowingly", met a ghost down there! I must be getting close though.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal