Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Met a real Welshman today.  (Read 2293 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: October 25, 2015, 06:35:44 PM »

Made it to the beach this morning but had to carry out a quick change of plans. Left the EuroAce in the van and broke out the Safari. Detected the foot of the dunes all the way from the car park to the third bin west of number three Norcon Pillbox. Then moved down to the low water line and detected all the way back to the lighthouse and beyond. Cross saved all metals to coin mode and put her on automatic sensitivity. She performed well and was very stable. Sniffed out a small heart shaped locket that looks as though it may be silver. The machine clocked up 40 on the scale but gave a nice high warble and thus produced the locket from about six inches below the sand.

As usual; there was plenty of copper shrapnel pretending to be coins and just a couple of .303 brass cartridge cases. As for coins; the best I could manage was 20p decimal, a half p decimal, 2p decimal, a ship halfpenny, and a doggy tag.

By low tide I was done in and made my way back to the high water line and the foot of the dunes just east of the lighthouse. I bumped into a couple detecting with a EuroAce and we chatted for a short while. He had a West Wales accent that was as strong as Colliers Welsh Cheese and as gentle as lambs wool. Fare took me back to the early sixties, when we would sit around the goggle box and our mam would swoon over the lilting Welsh voice of Ivor Emmanuel in Land of Song. Not to mention Zulu and Men of Harlech!

A perfect end to a perfect day. Or perhaps I had been out in the sun too long!  Cool

* Todays haul.jpg (145.87 KB, 561x397 - viewed 786 times.)

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 07:13:10 PM »

Sounds like overall you had a very,very, nice uncomplicated, day !!!....nice..👍
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 11:42:25 PM »

It was perfect detecting weather m8.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal