Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
Today at 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is the Deus worth getting without the control box?  (Read 4293 times)
stickygreen

« on: October 21, 2013, 07:56:50 PM »

looking at the Deus lite i would eventually get the control box but how is it withoiut it?

When you don't know where you're going,  any road will get you there.
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 08:31:32 PM »

Harder to setup as limited controls, but my mate (longdog) uses one without the box, uses the headphone adaptor and a waterproof wrist case so he wears it like a watch, otherwise you cant see the numbers on the display, which does help if there's a lot of foil around...  Works well for him Smiley

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
dickvandyke

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 09:52:24 PM »

its got to be worth it for the light factor and with just the standard programs it will be great.
since i got mine ive hardly moved off gmpower it amazed me after having the etrac so called wonder machine ive found loads of stuff on the same permissions where i walked with the etrac.
buy one you wont regret it.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 10:07:01 PM »

There's quite a few things you can't do without the control unit BUT you could Discrim out 1 to 30 (or whatever) using your headphones and you would knock out most foil, etc.

The advantage if not having a control unit is that you rely on your brain as to what to dig rather than a number ID....this can lead to more finds!

The big disadvantage is that if your headphones pack up your detecting with it is over whereas you can plug headphones into the control unit.

It's probably cheaper to buy it the whole lot first rather than just the lite version.

stickygreen

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 10:35:49 PM »

i would love to buy the full kit but i will only have what i get for my sovereign so i can only afford the lite version to begin with and will have to save for the box.i found the lite for£689 at cmd if anyone knows where i can get it cheaper let me know thanks for the replies.the other option would be a t2 but im swaying more toward the Deus now.

dickvandyke

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 10:14:40 AM »

couple of links for you mate http://www.uk-metal-detectors.co.uk/metal-detectors.html?manufacturer=203
http://www.themuseum.co.uk/product-GB.asp?id=604
http://www.agiftintime.co.uk/product-GB.asp?id=604

you may as well buy new unless you find one second hand for a silly price,as they are all somewhere around 650 or thereabouts.
stickygreen

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 12:30:08 PM »

cheers for the links big help.  i spoke to regtons this morning and they told me if i bought the Deus lite from them at £715 with the ws4's i would get a 10% discount when i can afford to buy the remote box which would be about £540 but then again im saving £65 if i buy from one of those links. Huh

anyways cant do anything till the minelab has gone.

The reason i want rid is a hammered was found with a mates t2 exactly where i had been with the sovereign not 5mins before i defo 100% went over that spot because it was a foot away from an iron signal which we both checked and i had a really good slow and low sweep within a 6-8 foot radius of that spot and didnt get any thing not only that i was there two weeks before and hammered that general area.
im not saying the machine couldnt find that hammered but i didnt which has made me slightly disappointed with it.

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 12:42:28 PM »

Your mate found a hammy close to iron with a T2 and you want a Deus? are you sure you've thought this through  Grin
stickygreen

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »

yes pretty sure or maybe not, im torn, i know the t2 is goodi used to have one but i like what ive heard and read about the Deus or am i missing something? i thought the Deus had good recovery and is like the t2 but better???

nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 02:34:44 PM »

So you want a detector to match and beat the t2......simple, buy the f75 on here for 300 and save yourself 900 on  that Deus Wink

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
stickygreen

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 02:45:36 PM »

the thought had crossed my mind because  i need a new pair of wellies and pro pointer,but the op has not responded to others asking so is it even still for sale?

Whiteduke

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »

looking at the Deus lite i would eventually get the control box but how is it withoiut it?

It may be best to take on board an opnion from someone who has actually owned a Deus lite??? just a thought. Kiss
dickvandyke

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 07:35:21 AM »

everyone who owns a Deus full owns a Deus lite mate,i quite often use it with headphones and no box.
Whiteduke

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 08:47:10 AM »

everyone who owns a Deus full owns a Deus lite mate,i quite often use it with headphones and no box.

Agreed, but surely you didnt learn the tones with just headphones and leave
the control at home in the box,im guessing you used the headphones
and the control,then felt comfortable just using the phones.

The op wont have that luxury.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 09:49:54 AM »

I wouldn't knock the T2 or F75 but the a Deus is so much lighter and with fabulous wireless headphones.

The Deus is acknowledged as having a fantastic recovery speed.

If you can afford the lite go for it with the option to get the control unit when finances allow.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal