out with llanelli m.d.c today

(1/4) > >>

mickycoin "mick":
went out with our club today , 4 made the trip to a farm in the llandeillo area, clif, had 4 coins  millitary buttons, cow horn protector, and some other bits and pieces, dylan the junior member an old half penny, buttons etc, james  old penny lead  buttons, etc, i had my first snake belt buckle, there is a picture before and after cleaning, rightly or wrongly so, it was crying out to be cleaned, im happy with it anyway, also a gold.375 st christopher, there are 4 small hair line splits in it so will be going for scrap, we all had a fantastic day, and have been invited back as there were at least 6 fields we never went in, so hope for a few more members next time out   , will post other members finds when i get the pics   mickycoin  ;D ;D

geordiefred:
Fantastic snake belt buckle, well done m8  ;)

mickycoin "mick":
thanks for your interest  "geordeifred"  it was much appreciated thankyou, its only the 2nd one found in our club over the 12 years its been running, so there not a common find, the other was found by "zorro"  kev in england a few years back  so kev if you read this add a picture of yours to see if they have the same pattern, as iv been informed there are a few types  they came about around 1575 so could be a bit of age to itThanks again geordeifred for your reply   good hunting to you  mickycoin  ;D ;D

romano-brit:
nice finds there

the snake buckle things date from the 16th cent to the 19th cent so it could be from any time, but my guess would be 19th cent

rjm:

Snake buckles are always nice to find.

That silver St. Christopher belongs to Gethin. I do hope he gets it back!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page