Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay sellers beware  (Read 5815 times)
bristolminelab
« on: October 18, 2014, 09:20:44 PM »

I earn my living off ebay , had a guy contact me about something i sold him Over 6 years ago and only now has decided he is not happy with it and wanted refund . Threatened me with various ways of blacken my name etc over internet ebay etc. Ended up costing me nearly £350. There is nothing stopping someone destroying your ebay account and living in a few easy steps Angry
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 09:40:44 PM »

surely you can contact ebay and complain sellers must have some sort of back up off them , unless you guarantee an item for 7 yrs

the mighty xp Deus
david995

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 09:56:52 PM »

unfortunatley ebay never goes on the sellers side always the buyers

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
bristolminelab
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 09:58:08 PM »

ebay are only interested in buyers not sellers they have always sided with them, yes they can remove bogus neg feedback but it does not look good on your account, and this can be difficult to prove sometimes. Iwill contact them but i do not even know his user name, i have got his address but he said he is in the process of moving maybe why he is doing this. Its a case of he knows me but i do not know him  Sad
nonker10

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 10:56:32 PM »

wow what a slimebag,hopefully justice will come mate.
Bling (mark)

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 10:57:31 PM »

Mate know where your coming from sold a mint battery powered scooter once around  one month later she told ebay  i sold a faulty item she also  told ebay her local bike shop couldn't fix it but didn't provide any proof what shop was used what a load of bull had to take scooter back and pay her delivery costs offered to send scooter to ebay to prove my point  as nothing was wrong with it  I'd never sell on ebay again

Soveriegn xs2 pro / goldmaxx power v4 /makro racer
midastouch

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 09:54:27 AM »

Six years??

I would have told him to go forth and multiply.

Unless you specified such a guarantee, he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

What he was doing is called blackmail. If it happens again, talk on the phone and record the conversation and keep all email and ebay messages.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:56:56 AM by midastouch » Logged
bristolminelab
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 10:09:05 AM »

a a business seller you have to provide contact details in listing hence he contacted me on my mobile outside ebay. Yes it is clear blackmail but my 2 ebay accounts have only had 1 neg in 10 years on over 5000 tranactions so they are worth more that the money i have lost
midastouch

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 10:22:37 AM »

a a business seller you have to provide contact details in listing hence he contacted me on my mobile outside ebay. Yes it is clear blackmail but my 2 ebay accounts have only had 1 neg in 10 years on over 5000 tranactions so they are worth more that the money i have lost

I too have 100% feedback and understand your stance. However, I've had unfair negative feedback successfully removed from Ebay once I've shown them that the buyer was being either totally unreasonable or, in a couple of cases, downright fraudulant. By keeping messages and recording phone coversations, these thieves don't have a leg to stand on. If you pick up the phone again to someone trying the same, just tell them from the outset that you are recording the conversation [even if you're not  Wink] - and that you need their claim in writing.

6 years is really taking the Michael.  Angry

Keep winning,

MT

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:25:13 AM by midastouch » Logged
bristolminelab
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 10:44:26 AM »

Just had long conversation with Ebay and they said after 90 days they do not have a leg to stand on, another time will get them to call back and record ,to start with he wanted his full 1200 pound back and said paying back over 6 months would be ok . I know what i would like to do but that is a part of my past life that i do not want to repeat.
Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 09:35:37 PM »

Under the paypal buyer protection scheme the buyer has up to 30 days from expected estimate time of delivery to make a claim.
 If buyer collects in person or has item sent to any other address other than the one on the invoice they have no claim at all .
Just add their user id to blocked contacts list and that will stop them even contacting you let alone bidding on any of your items.
feedback can only be left for upto 60 days from time of sale, so 6 years is a complete joke and if he rings again I would just laugh at him as he's obviously a chancer and an idiot as well.
Also could you not add his number to the blocked list on your mobile.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:41:23 PM by Radnor Bandit (Ian) » Logged
bristolminelab
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 09:48:20 PM »

Under the paypal buyer protection scheme the buyer has up to 30 days from expected estimate time of delivery to make a claim.
 If buyer collects in person or has item sent to any other address other than the one on the invoice they have no claim at all .
Just add their user id to blocked contacts list and that will stop them even contacting you let alone bidding on any of your items.
feedback can only be left for upto 60 days from time of sale, so 6 years is a complete joke and if he rings again I would just laugh at him as he's obviously a chancer and an idiot as well.

yes if i new his id i would block so know idea how to stop his account or any one elses account hitting me with negs, its 90 days for pay pal to make  claim . I do have his name now but thats no good to me its my living so have to be careful
Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 10:10:17 PM »

I also do quite a bit on Ebay and I understand how worrying the one bad apple can be. I try and give as good a service as possible.
it amazes me how some sellers (especially the chinese ones) can have huge amounts of negs yet still retain the so called top rated power seller status.
Do you post all your items registered / signed for? at least that gives you a bit of protection from the not recieved complainers.
If this idiot has tried this stunt on you he may well do it to others. They may have a history of it generally, and if he trys to sabotage your ebay status in the future, getting any possible negs removed shouldnt be to hard.

bristolminelab
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 10:31:43 PM »

i have sold around 10000 collectable items on ebay and have only ever had to make one claim for some thing lost . In the idea world it would be nice to send every thing signed for signed for but ebay is very competitive and the extra cost to the the listing on lower value items you will NEVER sell anything , so you have to rely on proof of postage . I have a personal contact to a selling manager in ebay due to my high powerseller selling status who i can go to if i have any more problems with him or any one else . But they are powerless due to data protection of past transactions. Ebay have said even though i am out of pocket i have done the right thing to protect my account.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 11:33:02 PM »

What's to stop him contacting you again asking for more money, since you've given in once could he theoretically try it
 again ?

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal