new racer v used explorer ?

<< < (2/5) > >>

SMELLYJELLY:
Explorer se all the way and stick a 13" ultimate on it and bobs your uncle. You will get sick of digging iron with the racer. A lot more to learn with the explorer but once there then you won't regret. Get it from a dealer as you will have 3-6 months warranty. All the best. Sj

deusdoes:
Minelab fbs great on the beach that is a fact . But in land on small targets such as small thin hammered not so good  and small gold chains you can forget it  ??? (even the ACE 250 picks those up). Yes you can dig iron with the Racer but as with any detector the tones are far more important than  screen ID.  I dig very little iron with the  Makro racer. The minelab is made for the USA market for relic hunting and coin shooting in the park not that its a bad machine infact was a very good detector around 15 years ago. They still sell them in Etrac and safari today but very overpriced new. In my view to heavy and slow , but that's just my opinion  ??? There will alway be die hard detectorists with brand loyalty to the Minelab , i was one then i seen the light . The Deus suits my detecting style but some people detect slower so then a minelab would be more suitable to them . After all we are all different and like different things so we choose accordingly to are style and needs :-\

Chef Geoff:
They were only released 16 years ago lol

SMELLYJELLY:
Totally agree but with the minelabs you get the screen I'd and the tones and it was only last week I was digging a Lizzie 3p hammered at 7" with a belter of a signal and never dig iron but admittedly that's after a lot of practice and swearing and eventually gd old andI sabisch . will speak to you again in 6 months to see how it's going  ;) I've gone through many brands from the bliss with no screen , an excellent machine for depth ,whites, garret, Nokta forse cor and the racer. I even took the makro and explorer out together and found the racer was missing loads .. So inland explorer hands down. That's not from a die hard just an honest opinion. Sj

raistlain:
Quote from: nobby on November 08, 2015, 03:16:14 PM

well your doing alright with that prizm ;D

to be honest I probably am ...but since I've been on this site and read a few of the forum posts there's a line that's stuck in my head and it said....I'm doing OK with my starter machine  but can't help wondering what I'm missing that a more advanced machine might find.....ha ha I keep having one of them ...the grass is always greener moments....although the prizm was on loan he has told me to keep it as he will never use it  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page