Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Before and After  (Read 7296 times)
nonker10

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 05:46:13 PM »

nice one spikey and thank you for reminding me about barry.someone told me years ago that he's amazing with thimbles and i had completely forgotten his name.cheers simon Wink
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 07:58:36 PM »

That certainly is a beauty Paul and has been already said a cracking restoration and well worth doing

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 07:30:35 AM »

What a fantastic job he's made, it looks great!! I can see why your pleased Wink

Paul out of curiosity how long did the work take? including the backlog, he's a good contact I have a item what needs doing but not guite as much work involved in yours.

Have you got a email address for him please Wink   
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 09:23:31 AM »

Thanks guys Wink Dale he had it just before Christmas as he was very busy and I missed my slot to have the work done ( my fault ) I reckon he worked on it for 4-5 days mate. As I said how he managed to restore the broken hammereds is mind blowing, he also showed me a Roman Aureus ( double headed) it was beuitifully struck but had some pretty bad scratches before restoration, after..... simply stunning mate  Wink
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 09:37:57 AM »

That's not bad Wink Its a hammered coin I want done, I spoke to a friend this morning regarding your ring and the great job what's been done, and found out Barry does my mates coins Cheesy so I have his contact number now Wink Its a small world

Cheers Paul
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:39:46 AM by Dale » Logged
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2015, 07:51:07 PM »

That's some refurbishment job! Amazing work!

XP Deus user
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2015, 09:03:13 PM »

That's not bad Wink Its a hammered coin I want done, I spoke to a friend this morning regarding your ring and the great job what's been done, and found out Barry does my mates coins Cheesy so I have his contact number now Wink Its a small world

Cheers Paul
Dale he has worked on 2 coins for me. One was an Edward 111 qtr noble and the other a William 1 canopy type hammered. The Eddy was a scarcer type but had sustained quite a bit of damage. Barry did an excellent job and even talked me out of further work to the coin. It was his opinion that any further work would not have improved the coin, or it's value any further. The William 1 was found folded and flattened in half, with some other little edge folds. What I paid I consider to be inexpensive, given the obvious increase in their value after repair. Above all they look far better in my collection.

The third job I had done was on a silver gilt posey ring that had been disclaimed. The inscription read 'Love and Serve'. I found the ring broken and with the E at the end missing. He joined the ring back together complete with the missing E. As with Paul's ring he 'weathered' the newer added section. See my pm.

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2015, 10:00:11 PM »

Cheers Paul
Dale he has worked on 2 coins for me. One was an Edward 111 qtr noble and the other a William 1 canopy type hammered. The Eddy was a scarcer type but had sustained quite a bit of damage. Barry did an excellent job and even talked me out of further work to the coin. It was his opinion that any further work would not have improved the coin, or it's value any further. The William 1 was found folded and flattened in half, with some other little edge folds. What I paid I consider to be inexpensive, given the obvious increase in their value after repair. Above all they look far better in my collection.

The third job I had done was on a silver gilt posey ring that had been disclaimed. The inscription read 'Love and Serve'. I found the ring broken and with the E at the end missing. He joined the ring back together complete with the missing E. As with Paul's ring he 'weathered' the newer added section. See my pm.

Thanks Alan pm returned Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal