Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Anchored to base  (Read 4702 times)
Christoph1945
« on: December 30, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »

Have spent most of the last fourteen weeks cooking three meals a day and chasing the Dyson round the house, looking for dust deposits. Just before Christmas, just as the wife was starting to recover from a viral lung infection, she had a bad fall ( the third in a month ) and that has set her back considerably. Looks like I am now going to have to relearn my old washing and ironing skills!  Cry

Picked up the paper this morning and I see that the long range weather man says that we have got three major storms heading our way in the next week or so. With those guys predicting 90 ml/h winds; I am probably safer staying away from the beach at Talacre anyway!

Eddy The Eagle Edwards brought a smile to my face the other day, after he declared that he was to go ski jumping again. Following eye surgery, he no longer need those very thick glasses and said he was now a little concerned that he may be frightened of going down the ski run because he will be able to see where he is going.  Grin

Happy New Year to all you guys and gals 

and make sure you keep your hard hats on for the next week or so!

Chris   Smiley
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:56:08 AM »

Hope you get a better new year Chris, get in touch if you fancy a day out in Gods' country !
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 12:24:05 PM »

sorry to hear of your wifes illness ,hope she has a speedy recovery

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 02:10:17 PM »

Happy New Year to both you and your wife

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Christoph1945
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 04:15:12 PM »

Thanks for all the good wishes folks; I should be crossing the border into that green and pleasant land in early March. Or God's own country, as Chris as so rightly named it!
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 04:53:43 PM »

Have spent most of the last fourteen weeks cooking three meals a day and chasing the Dyson round the house, looking for dust deposits. Just before Christmas, just as the wife was starting to recover from a viral lung infection, she had a bad fall ( the third in a month ) and that has set her back considerably. Looks like I am now going to have to relearn my old washing and ironing skills!  Cry

Picked up the paper this morning and I see that the long range weather man says that we have got three major storms heading our way in the next week or so. With those guys predicting 90 ml/h winds; I am probably safer staying away from the beach at Talacre anyway!

Eddy The Eagle Edwards brought a smile to my face the other day, after he declared that he was to go ski jumping again. Following eye surgery, he no longer need those very thick glasses and said he was now a little concerned that he may be frightened of going down the ski run because he will be able to see where he is going.  Grin

Happy New Year to all you guys and gals 

and make sure you keep your hard hats on for the next week or so!

Chris   Smiley
Sorry to hear about your wife Chris, I do hope she recovers soon and you can get back to a bit of detecting mate,I'm sure there's light at the end of the tunnel , it won't be long and you could throw that piny away  Wink Wink Wink
Richie sixpence

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 05:25:56 PM »

All the very best to you and your family Chris for the New Year and more to come, and that things get a lot easier very soon  Smiley.
I have pm'd you hope to hear from you soon my friend  Smiley.

Regards Richie sixpence  Wink

All the best Richie sixpence Wink

"All that glitters is not gold" but hopefully!!!
Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
And hopefully a lot of good luck
Member of, NCMD
Christoph1945
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 06:46:08 PM »

Ta Richie,
                  between juggling the pots and pans at the kitchen sink, whilst trying not to burn the dinners, I have been surfing the internet for detecting information and came across a snippet that you may find useful.

It has been said that the fitting of a ferrite rfi / emi filter ( Choke ) to your detector cable, just before it enters the control box, may inhibit interference from overhead power cables, electric fences, mobile phones, and other detectors working close to you. I imagine that this could, possibly, be correct and have purchased a filter from Maplins and will give it a try asap. A filter from Maplins will set you back about £3.00 but they can be bought cheaper on the internet.
It clips round the detector cable and locks into place.

If I can get out to my permission later this week, I will test the idea in a field with an electric fence in it and then place feedback on this thread.  Smiley
Richie sixpence

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 07:05:55 PM »

Cheers Chris I hope you have success with it and await the results  Wink

All the best Richie sixpence Wink

"All that glitters is not gold" but hopefully!!!
Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
And hopefully a lot of good luck
Member of, NCMD
grego
NWDD Member

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 09:43:52 AM »

Hi Chris Ihope things get better for you and you Wife in the New Year.

Grego
whosyouruncle

Dig attender

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 02:25:36 PM »

Hi Chris.
Sorry to hear about your wife M8,hope she improves speedily.
 I had T.B.at a young age.
Keep up the caring,and the Best Wishes for the new year to you both. Smiley

whosyouruncle
Christoph1945
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 02:27:25 PM »

Ah ha!
            things are already picking up. Had the wife down to the doctors this morning and it was said that she may have cracked a rib or damaged her sternum in the heavy fall, but they no longer do anything for damaged ribcages. It should heal it's self with time! At least the long running chest infection has abated and her cough is gone. Had Margaret still been suffering from that  infernal cough when she fell and damaged her ribs; I can only imagine what pain she would have gone through.

She must be on the mend; she wants me to take her and her cousin to the Manchester United game on New Year's Day. Me, I will sit in the car and read whilst they watch the game.

Have a good New Year's Eve Keith and don't give your self a big hangover! I look forward to perhaps seeing you and Richie Sixpence on the beach in early March 2014.

Chris  Smiley
Christoph1945
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 02:35:21 PM »

Hi Chris.
Sorry to hear about your wife M8,hope she improves speedily.
 I had T.B.at a young age.
Keep up the caring,and the Best Wishes for the new year to you both. Smiley

TB! That sounds nasty. I hear tell that TB is on it's way back in the UK. When I was working in Eastern Europe, in 1984, there was a big panic on and we were all sent for x-rays and TB booster shots.

Have a good New Year's Eve  "Uncle"  and happy hunting in 2014  Wink
whosyouruncle

Dig attender

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 07:37:17 PM »

Christoph1945.
Some good news there M8.
T.B. on its own is easier to cure these days with antibiotics.
But my mother and myself had surgery for it,she had a lung out,i had half a lung out.
Wish you and the missus All the best. Smiley
And good results when you get back into detecting. Smiley

whosyouruncle
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 08:25:10 PM »

there will still be gold there when you get out mate .
 hope your wifes better soon

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal