Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safari Vs Quattro  (Read 8318 times)
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« on: May 30, 2009, 12:34:32 PM »

Has anyone used both machines? What has altered on the upgrade? Is the Safari much superior or just a cosmetic overhaul?
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 01:41:19 PM »

Jonola ( JON) I don,nt own a safari myself but Yankee and Dave ( Vitallius ) do they my be able to advise you I did own a quattro until recently very slow response to signals changed to the explorer 11 a far better machine quicker and deeper!! in fact the deepest machine I,ve so far had about 16 myself the main differances appear to be the ground filtering which gives a faster response to targets and a slight increase in depth with the new slim line coil the rest is purely cosmetic  Undecided if your contemplating getting one go and try it first on a dealers testbed to make sure it,s worth the extra money good luck  ::)mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
vitallius (Dave)

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 03:29:37 PM »

Hi Jon
Mole is quite right, apart from cosmetics change, recovery/response seems to be far quicker the more I get used to the safari the better I like it. Regards Dave
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 08:50:52 PM »

Hi
I've got the Safari and love it. The response speed is very good and I'm well pleased with it. I Didn't use the Quattro as it needed to be used in all metal to get the best to cope with it's slow recovery speed.
I just press coin and jewelry and go! Hammered come in about 9 with foil showing on the display. Found half and quarter hammereds so you can see it finds the small stuff.
Still a little heavy but I'm getting used to it....and it helps to slow you down so you detect properly!

Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 08:15:52 PM »

Sorry to dig up an old topic, guys, but I'd be interested to know how the Safari does on wet sand. Are there a lot of falsies or is it good?

Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 09:34:06 PM »

I cant speak for the Safari Leighton, but i prefer to use my Quattro on the beach (wet sand) over my E-Trac,
The slow recovery is not as much of an issue, in fact its not an issue on the beach, its just as deep and set up properly, the icons are handy as a prompt and quite accurate too.
The safari is the same beasty with a quicker processor allegedly, I shoved the pro coil of the e-trac on it, altered some settings and there wasn't much between the quattro and the Safari (that comes with a pro coil Wink )
Salty 

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 09:39:10 PM »

Thanks, Karl. I get the impression that all Minelabs with FBS or BBS are good on wet sand.

Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 09:49:19 PM »

To the best of my knowledge, i would agree with that statement, though i have only played with FBS.
Dont forget Pulse induction stuff, it rocks on the beach (no pun intended Wink ) but they don't have much in the way of discrimination, and they tend to be pants on land.

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
Big E

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 07:38:13 PM »

How do the Safari and Quattro compare to the explorer II?

Cheers Ian
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 07:42:19 AM »

Ive always looked on the Quattro as a less complicated version of the EXP XS and 2 is this the case or is it a totally differant animal ??
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 08:03:31 AM by The Mighty Boosh ! » Logged
waltonbasinman
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 07:51:22 AM »

Well my Quattro has had no problem finding anything (since) I turned the sensitivity to Auto and target volume to 15. Never beach detected with it but on pasture and ploughsoil it has been brilliant. I keep reading of slow recovery rates but I don,t have this problem. Listen to the tones and you don,t need pinpoint and a spadeswith hole is dug. When I master this SE Pro I will tell you how I feel the two compare. The Safari looks and is a good machine and budget allowing later on in the year I may purchase one. As for comparing with the Quattro I don,t like the colour but once mastered it would be like any machine. Good in capable hands.
Big E

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 08:07:40 AM »

thanks for that and I apologise for stealing someone elses thread  Embarrassed

I only ask about the 3 models as there appear to be a few Quattros (secondhand) around lately and seem to be a bit cheaper than the explorers.

I am upgrading and been trying to hold out for a X-terra 707 (just wanted something easy to use) but none around at the moment.
Chef has given me some advice (greatly appreciated), but every time I go on the web I see something else that just opens an already large tin of worms, and throws a few more in for good measure  Tongue Grin

It doesn't help when you have very little idea to start with LOL  Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal