Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Intrigued by the depth of explorers  (Read 10719 times)
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 07:00:48 PM »

ho yes kev borderfoxes record for depth is 26ins mmm ok thats a long way down may be it was in the side of the hole and droped out in to the bottom that more like it  Huh i dont know and i dont care
most of my finds are in the first 10ins but this differs when it is a bigger target the bigger it is the deeper you go

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 07:14:23 PM »

Good link Yankee! Looks like there is no point in having any other machine then, other than the e-trac. SE or GPX 4500, the II didn't really perform in the test  Cheesy
why did you not say anything about the xs which did perform in that field test

Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 08:04:48 PM »

mike a metre is 1000 mm there are 300 mm in a foot so you are getting a cut quarter @ 3 feet 4 inches deep must be a world record Shocked Roll Eyes 

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.
altinkum

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 07:45:45 AM »

i'll take your word a mtr is 1000mm. just dont take mine Wink

explorers, my arse
hedgehog
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 09:37:33 AM »

Good link Yankee! Looks like there is no point in having any other machine then, other than the e-trac. SE or GPX 4500, the II didn't really perform in the test  Cheesy
why did you not say anything about the xs which did perform in that field test
Put it in as a tongue in cheek thing Phil  Grin No reaction from the II users though, like all tests it does depend on user settings, somebody had tried hard with the SE to produce the best result
Still no answer to the question , what are you digging at the big depths? Must assume by the lack of answers that it is usually rubbish!
simon c

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 04:32:57 PM »

Well i think i can safely say the dutch feild test report's are a load of c--p Shocked.Any test of a machine will only be as good as the person useing it,any machine their not used to will perform badly,just look at the Soverign Elite results one of the best pasture machines and acording to them rubbish,i'm not even going to mention the T2 results,and some poor sod will take those results seriously and buy their next machine based on them and be very disapointed. Roll Eyes
hedgehog
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 07:43:16 PM »

Well said Simon, they are all good machines in the right hands, I think the explorer users have got a damn good machine there whatever they are using. I reckon the detector makers love these little fights over what is deeper and what is better, once you get up to the mid range and higher prices you just get more options on the settings available and from thereon in it is down to the individual user and the sites that they have to work on.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 10:05:35 PM »

Ive got a love hate relationship with my Explorer 11

I dont think anyone can disagree it is a very good machine  like all other good machines its got its weakness,s.
The biggest failings i can see is its advertising hype!
 I bought the explorer 2 because i was impressed with the advanced edit/learn function

After hours of learning all the keepers and discriming the trash i found that with the trash you knock out items like gold and silver ;0(
Its only really use is in a Token hunt where you can hunt only for the tokens and not waste time digging foil and alu.

I asked tony hunt and Garry brun about this and  was told that this function is aimed more at the us market where the choice of metalic targets are far less than here in the uk.

I bet you can find fawlts with all Detecters if you look for them .when i started detecting i heared a phrase that has stuck with me for years ...."Beware of the one machine man" meaning you got to know your machine before  you can use it properly !

Im still getting to know the Explorer 2 lol

all the best
Phil Jones

coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2009, 03:54:23 PM »

sorry hedgehog what i find at over maybe 10ins is mosty old pennys cartwheels is a bit deeper and maybe on axeheads and bigger 20+ who knows but i do know the minelab xs and ex11 is not that good on gold and i think and allways said that to find any hammerd over 8ins is a good find penny size that is. im led to believe that johns (the foxes)record is 26ins but thats on a celtic terret ring which is 60mm + round its not only the metal its the shape as well this is all i know it not alot  Cheesy best regards phil

hedgehog
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 04:16:19 PM »

Thanks for the reply Phil, I think anything above 5 inches on the hammered penny's is impressive, when you get to 8 inches that is usually the depth at which the plough has turned the soil over so the larger hammered (groats or sixpences) would need to be flat on their back for me to find them, digging down 26" has never been on my agenda, I find enough rubbish at a much shallower depth  Grin
viking

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 06:51:08 PM »

i dug a cartwheel penny 15 inches deep it was a very good strong signal my friend saxon dug an hammered up at 12 inches deep mine lab xs
altinkum

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 07:26:15 PM »

the deepest find i've made with the ex11 is a b/a tanged chisel at about 18/20ins with a very faint signal.  mike

explorers, my arse
hedgehog
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 09:42:04 PM »

That was worth going down for Mike, nice find that and well worth the trouble, what keeps you going once you've got down to a foot deep, I only seem to find rubbish at depth?
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 09:45:49 PM »

Nice find mike  Roll Eyes the deepest find I,ve made with the explorer 11 so far is what looks like it could be a sword hanger Huh Huh at about 14 inches  Shocked mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
altinkum

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 10:05:06 PM »

i was lucky in knowing there was b/a stuff about as i'd been finding bronze slag everywhere and this b/a sword partifact turned up a few days earlier so i knew it was worth digging deep even if it did turn out to be rubbish.  mike

explorers, my arse

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal