Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend Wanderers Rally -Staffs. Full Pics of Saxon Hoard  (Read 5652 times)
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« on: September 24, 2009, 08:19:17 PM »

The full hoard can be viewed by clicking on the following link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/finds/sets/72157622378376316/

waltonbasinman
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 08:29:40 PM »

Wow, wow and thrice wow. You would have died and gone to heaven finding that lot. Correct me if I am wrong though is this not different to the weekend wanderers find. That was in Oxfordshire, this was found near Lichfield in Staffs.
zorro
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 08:30:26 PM »

are you mistaking this hoard from the weekend wanderers burial that  was found last sunday in west hanley, wantage?
1morecoin
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 08:58:13 PM »

This Hoard was found earlier in the year and was kept quiet for as long as they could.
We have all heard of the Big one's, Snettisham, Ringlemere, Hoxne to name a few, well considering metal detecting has become very popular and we go detecting just about everywhere we are allowed to, i think this goes to show that it's still out there to be found, this will become the most valuable find yet, mark my words this will shadow the value given on the past big finds and won't be beaten untill the next one.

Steve. 
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 09:34:33 PM »

They are different hoards Bob - the one that has been in the press today is not the one found with the burial at the Weekend Wanderes Rally last weekend. I have some images in work of those items and they are definately different hoards. Great news though either way, and thanks for posting the images - stunning finds and what we all dream of.

Its all out there lads and lasses its just waiting to be found!

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 11:05:42 PM »

I recon you are talking in the region of £5 million plus  Malcolm, although knowing the BM they will probably offer £1.5 million!

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Malcolm.mtts

Every Day is a Lovely Day

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 11:12:33 PM »

Removed the first attempt because the site would not print Sc rap .. came out as Scrubbish LOL

The value of that hoard to a bullion dealer to melt down would exceed £140,000 at todays prices for gold and silver.

What will the experts give as an evaluation for the historic value on top of that?

The experts were thrilled to pieces with the discovery saying "Priceless" etc but now we will have to wait and see what price Priceless turns out to be.

Every Day is a Lovely Day

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal