Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coinshooter rally - 12/13th sept  (Read 3557 times)
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« on: September 06, 2009, 08:05:28 AM »

anyone from DW coming to this event? mr & mrs handyman will be there on the sunday.

hope to see u there

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Passingclod(Andrew)

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 08:34:37 PM »

Hello
having well and truly been bitten by the Detectoring Bug myself and Hollie and prob my other two girls would be very interestd in going to this meet.Im going to look into it a bit more as regards to camping  washing facillies leckky ect. before i commit but its probably 99 % yes.
If you have any info on the weekend we would be more than greatfull to read it.
I will try and contact the organiser/organisers and see what i come up with.Will let you know about any further info.
OHHjust a quik one did anyone see antiquies Sunday 6th thee was some fascinating finds made by detectors on it.
Was this an Omen for our new hobby?Ha
Cheers Andrew and Hollie
hedgehog
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 10:21:26 PM »

It was nice to meet you and Hollie, glad you enjoyed it , if you do give them a ring it may be possible for you to hire a detector for the day (1 each)  , worth checking anyway, good luck if you go!
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 03:12:44 PM »

Coinshooter Buckingham Detecting Rally
this was an email i received from them ages ago - all info contained within.

hope it helps

September 12th/13th 2009
Padbury, Buckingham, Bucks.

This year’s Coinshooter Charity Rally will be taking place near Padbury in  Bucks. & our aim is to make it the best yet! Those of you who may have come to our previous rallies will hopefully remember the care we take in ensuring a successful time is had by all.

The rally was to have taken place last year but the torrential rain in August meant having to regretfully cancel at the 11th hour. This time we have moved further into the month so as to give the landowner ample time to cut crops & our aim is to have all the arable fields ploughed or disced but we can’t guarantee that at this early stage. We have a large farm to detect, divided into two days from 9.30 - 4.30 each day. Much Roman occupation has been found in the general area surrounding the fields with a suspected ford over the River Ouse bordering one field. Hammered coins have frequently been discovered closer to Padbury village. To our knowledge, none of the fields has seen detector activity in the past.

We will be holding our usual raffle with some good prizes including a new metal detector.  We will be joined by Nick & Laura from Detecnicks (new & used detectors, books, spares etc.) and Dei Gratia Coins, our main sponsor, who will be buying & selling over the weekend. Other dealers may be in attendance but undecided at the present time. We have arranged for Café Express MK to supply all the weekend food, hot drinks etc. (recommended by us after sampling at the Wantage Rally last year) who have a modern unit & may even bring the ice-cream van should the weather be warm.

Camping & caravans will be on a grass field with a running water supply close to the farm. Access to the site is by way of a metalled track so no danger of getting bogged down!!

For those who don’t wish to detect, we are just 5 miles from the famous Stowe House & Park and Milton Keynes shopping is about 10 miles away. Although we won’t have a bar on site, there are pubs within walking distance in Padbury & many in nearby Buckingham.

We envisage between 400-600 people attending so it would be wise to book as soon as possible!! Bookings are being taken by Paul on 01296 622960 or Dave on 01280 848000. Cost per weekend is just £40 which includes camping; Saturday or Sunday at £20 per day. Cheques payable to ‘Coinshooter Charity Rally’ and sent to:

Derek Critoph,   
26 Pevensey Close,
Aylesbury,
Bucks.,
HP21 9UB

Please include a stamp addressed envelope & advise if camping, tent or caravan.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Passingclod(Andrew)

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 08:00:45 PM »

Hello
Thanks for the replies the write up was very helpfull.
Cheers Andrew
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 08:35:36 PM »

Hello Andrew, was nice to meet you and Hollie on Saturday (it was me that showed you the James I "half a sixpence").

If you have a caravan or campervan you'll be fine, but just to warn you about camping facilities at rallies. Because these are not proper campsites, but just farmers' fields, usually all you'll get provided with will be water and portable toilets. No showers, washbasins or anything fancy like that. If you're not used to this sort of camping and Hollie and the others like their creature comforts then be warned! Great fun if you and the girls can cope with it though Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal