Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
Today at 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: on the lookout for a Deus  (Read 7916 times)
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 03:18:14 PM »

I've never had or used a Deus but it is surprising how many people have bought a Deus and either reverted back to the explorer or wish they'd never bought a Deus,

I've never used an E-trac or an explorer but I've had some great finds with the Deus. Both machines have their good and bad points but I think that the Deus will score on inland sites. If you want a dual purpose machine for beach and inland go for the e-trac.
Little_bro
NWDD Member

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 06:03:38 PM »

I've never had or used a Deus but it is surprising how many people have bought a Deus and either reverted back to the explorer or wish they'd never bought a Deus,

I've never used an E-trac or an explorer but I've had some great finds with the Deus. Both machines have their good and bad points but I think that the Deus will score on inland sites. If you want a dual purpose machine for beach and inland go for the e-trac.

Read this
http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/75102/The%20E-TRACs%20Language.pdf

I went from an etrac to a Deus myself. Mainly because the etrac's too heavy for me. The etrac is a brilliant machine and will never let you down once mastered. When I first got my Deus I was forever digging up iron and rubbish. I still do but I also dig up more of the good stuff with the Deus then with the etrac. The etrac made me picky what I dug because it has a such a good target id. so I was leaving the iffy signals alone.

Heus, modo itera omnia quae mihi nunc nuper narravisti, sed nunc Anglice

NWDD & NCMD
Dyson

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 06:08:59 PM »

The reason I got rid of mine was the weight then minelab came out with their new harness gutted  Smiley
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 06:15:55 PM »

Very good point Little_bro the screen can make us lazy, I met a couple who detect virtually full time and who had had incredible success using the XP GMP's, they changed to the Deus and their find rate plummeted. The reason wasn't the machine but the fact that they were using and believing the screen, as soon as they pocketed the remote and used the audio only their rate went back up to above that of the GMP.
Both are great machines and both have their place Wink
Dyson

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 06:20:56 PM »

Chef its your fault you should not have given me such a good deal Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal