Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: New Minelab  (Read 22400 times)
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2012, 12:46:29 PM »

i really couldent justify paying out 1600 sheets for a detecter,,,,if land was the same as it was 20 years ago and people wernt falling over themselves to detect any bit of scrap land then it may be viable .......but i think i will pass Wink

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2012, 10:06:35 PM »

Agree with you Nfl ,£1600 for a detector where land is so difficult to get well i am keeping my explorer xs. Hummm wondering how much it cost to make a machine sure they are making a megaprofit . Roll Eyes
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2012, 11:42:39 PM »

i really couldent justify paying out 1600 sheets for a detecter,,,,if land was the same as it was 20 years ago and people wernt falling over themselves to detect any bit of scrap land then it may be viable .......but i think i will pass Wink

is this the same nfl who has 2 /3 medi villages on his multitude of farms and finds hammies every day , surely if anyone can could justify buying the new minelab its you

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2012, 11:51:58 PM »

ive never read such a load of bollocks in my life , to heavy to expensive , wrong colour , battery to big , not enough land to justify buying it  , what a load of rubbish you see a couple of pics and shoot it down before its even on sale .
how many of you have half a dozen machines gathering dust somewhere never to be used again and yet you grump about the cost  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  maybe , just maybe its the best machine ever made , ................................ we will see , if its rubbish well there you go until then who arewe to comment

Whiteduke

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 12:03:42 AM »

ive never read such a load of bollocks in my life , to heavy to expensive , wrong colour , battery to big , not enough land to justify buying it  , what a load of rubbish you see a couple of pics and shoot it down before its even on sale .
how many of you have half a dozen machines gathering dust somewhere never to be used again and yet you grump about the cost  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  maybe , just maybe its the best machine ever made , ................................ we will see , if its rubbish well there you go until then who arewe to comment

WHOOOOA! Not a Man utd fan by anychance are you?
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2012, 12:05:56 AM »

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yes lol

relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2012, 12:09:36 AM »

I think it will be a very good detector,i do not care what it looks like as long as it performs well in the field  Grin

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2012, 12:16:31 AM »

Well said Mike. This always happens, it did with the Deus and with the Etrac and yet here we are years on and they have sold in their thousands. OK I do believe that this one is going to be pricey and yes it's a little heavier than the Etrac but they have addressed the balance issue and so it feels lighter. Look at the Whites DFX, not the lightest of machines but Whites have got the balance about as perfect as it comes, which makes it feel like a feather.
Many may have forgotten or are too new in the hobby to know that when the Minelab Sovereign was launched back in 1992 the BBS Technology was in a class of it's own, not in the sense of sheer power but they could id at depth and therefore give a positive signal on deeper objects, where other machines would either disc it out or give a choppy, iffy signal. The later FBS system just expanded on this.
The new FBS2 is not being hailed as any deeper than the Etrac......but it's id capabilities are meant to be even better and therefore will open up old "detected out" sites.
If you love this hobby as much as I do then you don't have to justify the money, you just have to find it Wink I with have to wait a good while before I can afford one, but I will be reading  every field report I can cast my eyes over.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:29:01 AM by Chef Geoff » Logged
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2012, 05:06:06 AM »

haa haa haa Grin

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2012, 10:25:08 AM »

{is this the same nfl who has 2 /3 medi villages on his multitude of farms and finds hammies every day , surely if anyone can could justify buying the new minelab its you}{quote}
NO COMMENT Grin Grin

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
peanut

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2012, 11:57:32 AM »

I suppose it all comes down to how much you love your hobby and how passionate you are about detecting. I already have too many hobbies ( detecting ,full bore target shooting, photography , cycling ,classic cars, etc  etc ) so I have to spread my cash rather widely.

If detecting was my only past time I'm sure I would not think twice about the investment. If you say the detector cost £2k and you use it for a year it would set you back approx £38 a week . Then you sell it for say 2/3rd the cost then  the actual cost for a year would be £12.00 per week which seems very reasonable to me  Grin

Saturday I went togging down the local nature reserve and I watched a fisherman load his huge wheelbarrow with tents and gear for an over-nighter. It took him nearly half an hour !
The barrow was about 5 foot long 4 foot wide and 5 feet high and he could barely see over the top of it. Shocked  All the gear looked brand new and must have represented many thousands of £ pounds worth .

Its the same with photography . Toggers think nothing of spending £3000.00+ on a telephoto lens for birding  Shocked

kencomet

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2012, 12:07:29 PM »

Just think! you could buy 3 Blisstool Detectors, for the price of 1 Minelab lol, ( think I will start saving now)..
Dusty

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2012, 12:18:21 PM »

Horses for courses, if we get a few Joe Public field tests and not the type where the detector is on loan from the manufacturer and it turns out to be good I might be looking for 0% finance.

I know of guys who spend an obscene amount of money on engine re-builds, ICE systems, lowering kits etc etc. If your passion is detecting and you can afford it without eating bread and water for 2 years why not.. only here once  Smiley
saxonman

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »

Another Bus Swinger Mike. Cheesy.........and thats a fact..You wait until you have used it for more than SEVEN years and the arthritis sets in you will soon change your tune like a few i no have already.................Im included............... Wink
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2012, 01:11:51 PM »

Well I've been using the same "bus swinger" (whatever one of those are) for 12 years and guess what....no arthritis. Maybe your getting a little confused between Minelab and just age Grin
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 01:31:23 PM by Chef Geoff » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal