Deus v equinox

<< < (2/5) > >>

rainyday:
I’ve got the 800 having moved from a safari, I’m still getting used to it at the moment, so far good results and just starting to pick out the falling from iron.
What I will say tho the depth gauge is useless as pretty much everything shows at plus 8”s also the pin pointing function isn’t the best, I’ve tried various methods with the pin pointing but still not got a sound method of hitting it centre of the plug every time.
With the Safari I could pin point and dig a 6” square plug most of the time and get the target.
D

Val Beechey:
Come on now raineyday, be honest, how long did it take you to realy know the Safari. How many times did you threaten to throw it in a hedge.
I loved the Safari, as you might remember, but it took a long time to make friends with it. I always said it ‘spoke’ to me.
It was only a weight issue that forced me to buy the Deus. Same thing again, I hated it. Unfortunately we never realy got to be friends.
I’ve seen a few have issues with the pin pointer. The only gripe I have is it picking up near-by iron so you loose the original signal. Only happend on the new field though. I dread to think how it’s going to behave on our beaches !
Remember Patience, Persistence and Perserverance.  Plus we can’t afford to keep changing detectors  ::)

rainyday:
Yes your are right Val,
It took a while to learn the Safari but once learned I lived it but as you point out the weight was the thing for me.
I do think there is an issue with the depth gauge on the nox tho, you will see ppl mentioned it on YouTube. It doesn’t bother me too much even tho the machine was best part of £1k you can start to get a feel for the depth via the tone.
I don’t know how many times I’ve pin pointed from all angles dug an 8” hole only to have missed the target because it’s in the side of the hole.
I find now I don’t use the pin point option much because the recovery is so quick you can swing over the target from 2 directions and generally know we’re it is.
Maybe a software upgrade from Minelab will fix the issues?
All said it is a great machine and I’m sure as you say Val as with the Safari once learned it will be excellent.
D

Val Beechey:
I have to admit I can’t remember having a target register 8in and not had to dig a bit more and then a bit more still.
That pot lid was a good example. The full 8in on the screen. I thought I was digging to Aussie land. 2 spade lengths. Nearly gave up on it but kept thinking with a number and sound like that it’s got to be something great ! Ha ha .
Oh well all part of the learning curve I s’pose.

outlaw:
Hi Val,

Did not know how far away you are  ;D,

Seems a shame the thread wasn't started earlier have to blame dungbeetle  :D I was recently on holiday down on Freshwater caravan site in May for a holiday, always take se pro and Deus
with me, we could have met then  ;D

Never mind, will be coming up again shortly will let you know and see if something can be arranged though not on beach, cannot detect with Deus on beach always use se pro.

A also bought Deus because after a couple of hrs with se pro my arms ached awful. In order for me to jump ship and buy nox 800 would have to see some serious failings between detectors on targets and depth etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page