Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: some of my finds 2007-2009 in wales  (Read 34990 times)
borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2009, 10:57:05 PM »

hi out in the vale sun with the vac, started looking for roman but site crop not cut ,so we went to one of our farms, short stubble , a few targets in signal hammy penny , not much else that day, bingo phil id in house thinks 80 per cent sure king john down the museam today besley confirmed john over the moon , my top want  i have a john the blind of luxenburg, found 2 years ago in a rally in england,  well done on your id phil  all thats left to find is my roman gold coin king john yes yes yes found in the vale coin  short cross  s imon canterbury mint1205-9 very happy john
hedgehog
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2009, 08:46:47 AM »

Well done again John, those short crosses are nice to find and one with your name on is the ultimate.

Do you carry a ladder with you to get into some of those holes?    Grin
borderfox.1495

« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2009, 09:22:13 AM »

hi hedgehog, it can be hard work with the minlab , i thankfully dont always dig so deep, it does my head in sometimes thanks for good comments from you and all the others regards john
borderfox.1495

« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2009, 11:06:02 PM »

hi out with the vac the other day found this unusual lion mount, some of the vacs many finds as well, out today my first silver halfcrown 1943. plus1931 shilling, just the gold aurius left on wants list . watched two sheep at 10 ft head butt each other, one was a ram, they looked like they where courting, this happened about 4 times, spoke to the farmer about it, he said they have been known to kill each other. the vac hade two nice early coin weights and lots of bits and pieces regards john
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2009, 11:09:14 PM »

NICE ONE  FOXY ,,,, IF IM NOT MISTAKEN ,, THE ONE ON THE LEFT LOOKS LIKE A JAMES THE FIRST PENGUIN BAR    Grin Grin Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
borderfox.1495

« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2009, 11:18:53 PM »

spot on digga, they where the vacs but i soon eat them with cuppa, don t bring chocolate when you come out with me yum yum Roll Eyes Grin
hedgehog
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2009, 08:48:38 AM »

Well done John , you are an example to all of us, keep posting those finds. It is quite scary when they are taking a run at each other, even worse when it's at you!
Nice to find that half crown at last, only and aureus to go? What about Matilda?
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2009, 09:20:10 PM »

you nicked my choc wonder were they went you bathplug Cheesy not an example to me steve he,s a croock  Wink when johns about he,ll piiiiick up your penguin Grin well done mr fox

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
borderfox.1495

« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2009, 10:14:40 PM »

thanks steve matilda would be nice but gold aurius dream coin, i will find one, anyway out with the vac today,  went abroad for a change , the ground was like concret, one good field we had to leave because it was hard to dig  tried a few more fields and managed to winkle out a hammy vac thinks eddie 1st picture not very good also roman grot and army badge, any idea s please who it is  vac had a very unusual buckle,  and a lead token ,but finds where sparse with stubble and hard grounds,let me defend myself as regards to missing chocalate vac had a bag full, and i did leave a few for him  but so much chocolate yum yum Roll Eyes Roll Eyes regards john
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2009, 10:18:33 PM »

ANOTHER HAMMIE FOXY  Huh Huh    YOUR LIKE A FLIPIN MAGNET TO THEM  Grin Grin    NICE ONE THO BUD   Wink Wink

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
hedgehog
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2009, 10:30:05 PM »

Always seems to make the day worthwhile finding a hammy John, you are right though the ground is very dry could do with a bit of moisture to help with the signals too. Nice find.
borderfox.1495

« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2009, 10:34:39 PM »

hi, had a day out with hedehog steve, day started well steve bought 6 penguins for me, great day out our tally for me one james 1st penny, which was stuck in hard soil, i was frightened to loosen it, steve stepped up ,job done, piece of roman fibula, and a fox head mount, steve had a nice william111 sixpence, and large roman fibula thanks steve a really nice guy and see you soon,
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2009, 07:39:53 AM »

Well done John and Hedge!

Theres a definate improvement in your photographing skill as well John! Wink

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2009, 02:28:15 PM »

well done on your finds and glad to see you both had a good day together,STEVE & JOHN Wink
hedgehog
« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2009, 05:34:28 PM »

It was a great day John, thanks for all of the advice on the Explorer I can use it with confidence now. You have got a good camera there, just adding a pic of the fibula. It's only the second one of that size I have found around here and I think it came to the surface because you kept talking about denarii   Grin
How's the lucky rabbit's foot  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal