Two for the price of one

(1/4) > >>

Charles Cater:
Recently a member of my society found not one but two hoards of Roman silver denarii.
He search once in the field and found nothing,

Not giving up he went back to the same field and found 102 Roman dearii under a stone, he went back to search for more and found another 20 again of the same denomination just a few meters away, they were a differnt hoard altogether and he did the correct thing and reported them to the right authorities.

I say that since the advent of the 1996 Treasure Act there have been been more reports of finds than ever before.

The archaeological fraternaty was desperately trying to down grade us and even attempted to ban us altogether until the goverment of the day with the help of organisations thrashed out some sort of control which I might add became favourable with metal detectorists in many ways.

There are still some that want complete freedom but there has to be some sort of organisation and control.
I am happy at the moment.
HH everyone.

glynkid:
I would like to add that the same person came on a club dig
and found a super Geoege the third guinea a few weeks ago
I would like to introduce myself as the PRO of the Wrexham Heritage Society
          many of you might read the society reports that I write im the Searcher Magazine HH   Dave

BottyBurp (Kris):
That's it, I'm dribbling with envy now!
After 10 years of detecting I've only managed to find a handful of Silver Roman  ;)

PHIL YNYSBOETH:
Hi all

Whats the house prices like in wrexham? lol

Well done Wrexham club members i say !

Steve Morris:
How about inter-club visits? Might make an interesting weekend in the summer. If site officers get together and organise trips to different parts of Wales? Maybe limit the numbers to 10 and Travel lodges are cheap enough nowadays.

Just a thought....

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page