Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Great Orme Metal Detectors Club  (Read 23645 times)
grego
NWDD Member

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2012, 08:52:23 PM »

Hi Hotmill,  Yes a new start needs a new name. I have a new Garrett Ace 250 and cannot wait to get going,are you on the beach this Sunday, I am hoping to get to Rhyl, Throwing pennies on the lawn then trying to detect them doesn't quite do it for me, But i am getting there.
Regards
grego  (Keith).

Grego
sodbuster
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »

Hi every body ,
                             Sorry to be a wet blanket here , and I know we are all rareing to get stuck in , but there are a few things we have to get organised first . These farms have some  " sudden " turn offs that need to be sign posted , parking has to be arranged , Certain obligations have to be met , code of conduct etc. closing of gates , how to back fill a hole , basic stuff to some of you but is important we establish the rules before our first dig . I suggest we meet up for an informal chat somewhere  convienient to us all . A small group of people but an important one , especially if the group grows as I am sure it will do , we need to make sure that that future members understand , the basic detecting rules .Always put the turf back the way you found it , always dispose of unwanted metal objects responsibly, always be polite and share your finds with the farmer, its his land after all !
                                               Be intouch tomorrow ( i Will be on line most of the day if anyone whants to chat , or wants more info )
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2012, 09:04:04 PM »

Hi Grego, glad you got an Ace 250, get some practice in between now and when we have the first dig, you don't want to miss any Roman brooches or Bronze age axe heads!!
Probably wont be on the beach this weekend. With the Ace stick to the top part of the beach where the sand is dry to see how it reacts, then make your way down to the wetter sand and you will see how the Ace can chatter a bit, try knocking the sensitivity down a section at a time until it starts behaving itself a bit better.

Have fun

Hotmill (Will)

XP Deus user
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2012, 09:10:20 PM »

Hi every body ,
                             Sorry to be a wet blanket here , and I know we are all rareing to get stuck in , but there are a few things we have to get organised first . These farms have some  " sudden " turn offs that need to be sign posted , parking has to be arranged , Certain obligations have to be met , code of conduct etc. closing of gates , how to back fill a hole , basic stuff to some of you but is important we establish the rules before our first dig . I suggest we meet up for an informal chat somewhere  convienient to us all . A small group of people but an important one , especially if the group grows as I am sure it will do , we need to make sure that that future members understand , the basic detecting rules .Always put the turf back the way you found it , always dispose of unwanted metal objects responsibly, always be polite and share your finds with the farmer, its his land after all !
                                               Be intouch tomorrow ( i Will be on line most of the day if anyone whants to chat , or wants more info )

Yes we need to get the basics in place first, we have a couple of good permissions that we don't want to spoil, and hopefully if we play it properly these farmers  may be able to refer us to other local farms.

Alan, we need to get together as soon as we can, can we agree on a location that is good for us all?
Any ideas?

XP Deus user
jayhay69
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2012, 10:03:56 PM »

how about a pub say the clewydian on a weeknight when its quiet?if you dont mind me asking but where abouts is the permission as i dont drive PM me

1 x Gold Guinea
1 x Gold posy ring
8 x Roman coins
2 x Roman Brooch
2 x Silver Denari
6 x Hammered
3 x Silver Milled
1 x silver thimble

Caius Vipsanius Ursus
grego
NWDD Member

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2012, 07:04:16 AM »

Hi all   i would be coming from the Denbigh direction to any meetings or digs, i could pick anybody up to cut down on transport and parking problems.
Have a nice week end
Grego (keith).

Grego

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal